Estádio Romário de Souza Faria
|Location||Duque de Caxias, Brasil|
|Owner||Duque de Caxias Futebol Clube|
|Duque de Caxias Futebol Clube
Estádio Romário de Souza Faria, also known as Marrentão, is a football (soccer) stadium located in Xerém, a district of Duque de Caxias, Brazil. It is named after Brazilian footballer Romário de Souza Faria. The stadium is owned by Duque de Caxias. It replaced Estádio Mestre Telê Santana, nicknamed Maracanãzinho, as Duque de Caxias' home ground.
The stadium was inaugurated in December 2007, when Duque de Caxias and Vasco da Gama drew 1–1. The first official game was played on January 30, 2008, when Cardoso Moreira beat Duque de Caxias 2–1.
- "Estádio do Duque de Caxias liberado pela CBF" (in Portuguese). Federação Sergipana de Futebol. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-11-26.[dead link]
- "Pesadelo para Flu e Vasco, Segunda Divisão é o grande sonho do Duque de Caxias" (in Portuguese). O Globo. 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "Duque de Caxias: uma boa surpresa carioca" (in Portuguese). Lance!. 2008-10-03. Archived from the original on October 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "Duque de Caxias, a sucursal do Vasco, estréia na elite" (in Portuguese). Jornal do Brasil. 2007-12-23. Retrieved 2008-11-27.[dead link]
- "Duque de Caxias enfrenta Cardoso Moreira" (in Portuguese). Lance!. 2008-01-29. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "Rio de Janeiro State League 2008". RSSSF. 2008-06-24. Archived from the original on December 15, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
|This article about a sports venue in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|