|Single by Kany García|
|from the album Cualquier Día|
|Released||May 7, 2008 USA|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Kany García singles chronology|
"Esta Soledad" ("This loneliness") is a Latin pop song written by Kany García for her first studio album Cualquier Día. It was released as the album's fourth single in May 2008. The song is used as the theme song for the Mexican telenovela, Todo por Amor. The song was performed live at the 2008 Latin Grammy Awards. In 2012, Kany re-recorded "Esta Soledad" and made a duet with Dani Martin as part of her third album "Kany Garcia".
The music video for "Esta Soledad" was shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The video starts off with Kany standing in front of a bench while people on the back, in slow motion and fast forward walk. Scenes show Kany playing the guitar in her bed. Other shows Kany and her love interest in a park recording with a home camera.
Later, Kany is seen in a bar. Kany is seen standing in the middle of flying birds, and the streets while cars pass. The video ends with Kany staring at the camera with her hair in rewind motion, falling back down to her face.
The music video was filmed in various natural settings of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and captures, with novel special effects, the human and melancholy atmosphere of Kany. The video was directed by Claudio Diavela who has worked with international artists like Alejandro Fernández, Chayanne, and Diego Torres.
- "Esta Soledad": 3:12 (album version)
"Esta Soledad" debuted strong on the Billboard charts. It debuted at #15 on Billboard Latin Pop Airplay, and on the second week it jumped to #10. On Billboard Hot Latin Songs, it debuted at #44, and jumped 14+ spaces to land at #30 the following week. So far it has peaked at #21 on Billboard Latin Songs, and #6 on Billboard Latin Pop Airplay. The song has become a Top 5 hit on United States Latin Contemporary Radios. The song was the Most Added song in Latin Pop radio in United States for three consecutive weeks.
|Singles - (world wide)|
|2008||US Billboard Hot Latin Songs||21|
|US Billboard Latin Pop Airplay||6|
End of year chart
|2008||US Billboard Latin Pop Airplay (Year-End Chart)||38|
- Aixa Sepúlveda Morales (2008-10-02). "Aclara que Nunca fue vetada po Televisa". Primera Hora (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2014-04-21. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Kany García le da un giro a su música" (in Spanish). El Siglo de Torreón Mexico. 2008-11-29. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Cerca el estreno". Primera Hora (in Spanish). June 6, 2008. Archived from the original on 2014-04-21.
- "Billboard Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. 2008-08-09. Retrieved 2008-10-19.[dead link]
- "Billboard Latin Pop Airplay". Billboard. 2008-08-09. Retrieved 2008-10-19.[dead link]
- "Billboard Latin Pop Airplay Year-End Chart". Billboard. 2008-12-12. Archived from the original on 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2008-11-12.