|Full name||Oscar Esteban Fuertes|
|Date of birth||26 December 1972|
|Place of birth||Coronel Dorrego, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre forward|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:03, 16 October 2013 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18:20, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
Oscar Esteban Fuertes (born 26 December 1972) is an Argenine former footballer.
In July 1999, Fuertes was purchased for £2.3m by Jim Smith, manager of Derby County in England. He scored two early goals, the winner against Everton in the league and another against Swansea City in the League Cup. However, weeks later, he was refused entry back into Britain when immigration officials discovered that his Italian passport was forged. Derby were able to sell him on to Lens in France for £2.8m.
Fuertes retired from professional football on 25 June 2012 in a match against Banfield scoring two goals. A year following his retirement, Fuertes signed a six-month contract for Bolivian side Sport Boys Warnes which had been recently promoted to the Liga de Fútbol Profesional Boliviano. He officially retired on 6 December 2013 after 11 appearances and 3 goals scored for the club.
On 20 May 2009 Fuertes made his international debut in a friendly match against Panama aged 36, making him the oldest player ever to make his debut for the Argentina national team. The Argentina team made up of players based in the Primera División Argentina won the game 3–1.
- Andrews, Phil (28 August 1999). "Fuertes arrives with perfect timing". London: The Independent. Retrieved 6 November 2009.
- "Sport: Football Everton slain by Oxford". BBC. 23 September 1999. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- News of the World 8 December 2002 The bung busters demanded to see every letter, fax and document involving Derby's foreign transfers
- Fuertes' last professional match. at Diario Olé (in Spanish)
- El Bichi Fuertes retorna al fútbol en el recién ascendido Sport Boys at bolivia.com (in Spanish)
- Se acaba la era 'Bichi' Fuertes en Sport Boys at elsol.com.bo (in Spanish)
- El "Bichi" Fuertes se convirtió en el jugador "más viejo" en debutar en la Selección Archived 16 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine. at El Argento (in Spanish)