Warren shooting the movie Blue Seduction in November 2008.
|Born||Estella Dawn Warren
December 23, 1978
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
|Education||Silverthorn Collegiate Institute|
|Occupation||Actress, model, swimmer|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Estella Dawn Warren (born December 23, 1978) is a Canadian actress, fashion model, and a former synchronized swimmer. During her swimming career she was a member of the National Canadian Team and won 3 national titles. Since 1994 she has been modeling through publications such as Sports Illustrated as well as working for campaigns for such brands as Perry Ellis and Victoria's Secret.
She later began a career as an actress, starring in such films as Tim Burton's 2001 re-adapted film Planet of the Apes as well as television roles in Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Beauty and the Beast.
In 1990, Warren moved to Toronto to train with the national synchronized swimming team. In 1995, after becoming the senior national champion, Warren had the chance to move on to the 1996 Summer Olympics. She is a three-time Canadian national champion, and the solo bronze medalist at the 1995 Junior World Championships.
Estella Warren was discovered by George Gallier, the owner of American Model Management, in 1994 when she was a synchronized swimmer living in Ontario. She came to New York to shoot some photo tests; during that time Gallier introduced her to fashion photographer Ellen Von Unwerth, who immediately saw Estella's unique looks and booked her for a photo shoot for Italian Vogue.
Her international modelling career and recognition worldwide was set after she shot the Cacharel fragrance campaign "Eau d'Eden" with French photographer director Jean Paul Goude, then followed the Chanel No. 5 campaign with director Luc Besson, all while she was managed by George Gallier.
Warren has appeared in Sports Illustrated, Vogue, Vanity Fair, and two television commercials for Chanel No. 5 perfume. She was named Maxim Magazine's Hottest Woman in 2000. She was ranked Number 61 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement and was the November 2007 entry in Stuff magazine's 2006–07 pinup calendar.
Warren also has appeared in campaigns for UGG Australia, Andrew Marc, Perry Ellis, Nine West, Cartier, Volvo, De Beers, and Cacharel, as well as in television advertisements for Samsung. Additionally, she has modelled for Victoria's Secret and in 2000 hosted the televised special for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue's 2000 edition.
Warren has appeared in That '70s Show in 2003, as well as two part crossover role in Law & Order and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, in September 2005. She also appeared in an episode of Ghost Whisperer in 2005.
On May 24, 2011, Warren was arrested in Los Angeles after she allegedly hit three parked cars with her Toyota Prius and then fled the scene. Police eventually found her and arrested her for DUI. During her arrest she allegedly kicked an officer and resisted being handcuffed. Later at the police station where her arrest was being booked she managed to slip her cuffs and run but was quickly recaptured. Ultimately she was charged with DUI, hit-and-run, battery on a police officer and resisting a police officer. Her bail was set at $100,000. On August 19, 2011, Warren entered a no contest plea and was ordered to a residential rehab facility for six months.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department incorrectly recorded Warren's date of birth as December 23, 1970. Although Warren's 1978 birth year is well-established, some news sources then reported that she was born in 1970 or cited her age as if she were born that year.
|2001||Planet of the Apes||Daena|
|2003||That '70s Show||Raquel||Episode: "The Kids Are Alright"|
|2003||I Accuse||Kimberly Jansen|
|2004||Blowing Smoke||Faye Grainger||TV movie|
|2005||Her Minor Thing||Jeana|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||April Troost||Episode: "Design"|
|2005||Law & Order||April Troost||Episode: "Flaw"|
|2005||Ghost Whisperer||Alexis Fogarty||Episode: "On the Wings of a Dove"|
|2006||National Lampoon's Pucked||Jessica|
|2007||Lies and Crimes||Sally Hanson||TV movie|
|2009||Blue Seduction||Matty||TV movie|
|2009||Mental||Niobe Graham||Episode: "Book of Judges"|
|2009||Beauty and the Beast||Belle|
|2010||See You in September||Lindsay|
|2010||The Being Frank Show||Episode #1.1|
|2013||The Stranger Within||Emily|
|Dangerous Intuition||Laura Beckman||TV movie|
|2015||No Way Out||Maria|
- "Estella Warren." Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. Vol. 69. Gale, 2006. Gale Biography In Context. Web. May 26, 2011.
- "Estella Warren Biography (1978–)". Retrieved January 7, 2008.
- Bean, Dawn Pawson (2005). Synchronized Swimming: An American History. McFarland. p. 312.
- Miller, Samantha (2001-08-20). "Beauty and the Beasts". People. Retrieved 2015-01-31.
- "The Naked Truth is Revealed in the Third Issue of WMB 3D: World's Most Beautiful, Featuring Supermodel Estella Warren". WMB 3D. September 1, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Hislop, Rachel (May 22, 2013). "Nude & Beautiful: Estella Warren Strips Down To Her Positivity For WMB Magazine". Global Grind. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Shira, Dahvi (June 9, 2011). "Estella Warren Charged with DUI, Battery on Officer". People. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- "Planet of the Apes star Estella Warren 'kicked an officer and escaped from police station after drink driving arrest'". Daily Mail (London). May 25, 2011.
- "Planet of the Apes actress Estella Warren arrested for assaulting police officer in Los Angeles". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). May 25, 2011. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Silverman, Stephen (August 20, 2011). "Estella Warren Pleads No Contest to DUI". People. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- "Sports Updates". The Atlanta Journal and The Atlanta Constitution. January 26, 1996.
- "Peterborough Teenager Joins Chanel's Team". The Record (Kitchner, Ontario). November 19, 1998.
- Thompson, Paul (May 29, 2011). "Estella Warren Driven To Tell Her Age". Sunday Express (London). Retrieved November 1, 2015.