Ester Valerie Noronha
12 September, 1992
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
University of Mumbai
Live Show Performer
Ester Noronha is an Indian actress and playback singer best known for her work in South Indian films. Her acting credits feature films in Telugu, Kannada, Konkani, Tamil, Hindi and Marathi film industries. Notable among her filmography are Bhimavaram Bullodu (2014), Garam (2016), Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum (2016) and Nagrik (2016).
Other significant film credits include the Konkani movies Nasibacho Khel (2016) and Sophiya (2017), the latter of which features her as a playback singer besides being an actress. She is associated with the 2017 Telugu movie Juliet Lover of Idiot and the multilingual film Shakeela (2020).
Noronha debuted in Bollywood film Baromas under her Guru Saroj Khan's choreography. She was then cast by film director Teja in his Telugu movie 1000 Abaddalu in 2013, and Noronha was immediately signed by the prestigious Suresh Productions for their Golden Jubilee project Bhimavaram Bullodu, opposite Hero Sunil.
Noronha debuted in Sandalwood (Kannada) with the movie Usirigintha Neene Hattira, produced by E. K. Entertainers.
Yet, she appeared in the title song of the Telugu movie Garam, alongside hero Aadi, and in the Tamil movie Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum (English: Fish Curry And The Clay Pot) starring Kalidas Jayaram in the lead.
In 2017, Noronha starred in Boyapati Srinu's multi-starrer Jaya Janaki Nayaka (Telugu), Nayanam (Telugu), Nuggkai (Kannada), Director Mahesh Babu's Athiratha (Kannada).
Noronha is a Roman Catholic and traces her roots to the aristocratic family of the Noronha's of portugal. Her paternal ancestors are said to be Portuguese/Goans who settled in Verna - Goa and eventually moved to Udupi - Karnataka. While her mother is a Mangalorean.
Noronha married Indian singer and rapper Noel Sean in January 2019. They separated in February 2019 due to irreconcilable differences and filed for divorce in June 2019. The couple was granted the divorce in the Court of Law as well the Court of Church (Annulment) in August 2020.
She sang in a Konkani movie Nachom-ia Kumpasar (Let's dance to the rhythm) for the song Meu Amor. At the 62nd National Film Awards, the film won two awards and a special mention. The film won the award for the best feature film in Konkani.
Noronha sang for the Konkani film Sophiya – A Dream Girl in which she acted too which was produced by her mother Janet Noronha.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Qayamat Hi Qayamat||Hindi|
|Usiriginta Neene Attira||Kannada|
|Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum||Tamil|
|2017||Sophiya – A Dream Girl||Konkani||Karnataka State Film Award for Best Regional Film|
|Jaya Janaki Nayaka||Telugu|
|Juliet Lover of Idiot||Telugu|
|2020||Shakeela||Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam|
- Divya Goyal (1 September 2020). ""Wish You The Best," Writes Noel Sean After Divorce From Ester Noronha". NDTV. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- "Noel Sean and Ester Noronha tie the knot". Deccan Chronicle. 7 January 2019. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ""Wish You The Best," Writes Noel Sean After Divorce From Ester Noronha". NDTV.com. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- "Konkani film wins Best Regional Film at Karnataka State Film Awards". oHeraldo. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- 100010509524078 (28 December 2020). "I have grown as a person and an actor post Shakeela: Ester Noronha". dtNext.in. Retrieved 28 December 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Shakeela: I don't want sympathy or newfound respect from this film". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 28 December 2020.