|Location||201 Donaghey Avenue
Conway, AR 72035
|Owner||University of Central Arkansas|
|Operator||University of Central Arkansas|
|Opened||September 22, 1939|
|Architect||Cromwell Architects Engineers (renovation)|
|Central Arkansas Bears (NCAA)|
First Security Field at Estes Stadium is a 9,000-seat multi-purpose stadium in Conway, Arkansas. It is home to the Central Arkansas Bears football team, representing the University of Central Arkansas in the NCAA's Southland Conference. The facility opened in 1939. In 2007, university President Lu Hardin announced that corporate sponsorship had been secured for the stadium from a local bank. As a result, the formal title of the stadium is First Security Field at Estes Stadium. The stadium is named after Dan Estes, who coached the Bears from 1915 to 1932.
The west (home) side of the stadium was torn down and rebuilt from the ground up before the 1998 season. The $5 million facility houses the entire football program, including dressing room, weight room, meeting and film rooms, equipment room, coaches' offices and athletic training room.
On April 1, 2011, UCA announced plans to install a purple and gray striped football field for the 2011 season. Installation of the field began in late April, following the conclusion of spring practice, and finished in June.
- "UCA Game Notes" (PDF). Central Arkansas Athletics. August 25, 2013. p. 2. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Stadiums in the United States: Arkansas". World Stadiums. Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- "First Security Field @ Estes Stadium". Central Arkansas Athletics. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- "Bears to Play Final Time on Estes Grass". Central Arkansas Athletics. April 15, 2011. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "UCA Athletic Facilities". Central Arkansas Athletics. Archived from the original on April 28, 2001. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- "Purple & Gray Turf Coming to Estes Stadium". Central Arkansas Athletics. April 1, 2011. Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- "Purple & Gray Turf at Estes Stadium". Central Arkansas Athletics. June 15, 2011. Retrieved September 17, 2013.
- First Security Field @ Estes Stadium (at Central Arkansas Athletics website, with photos)
|This article about a sports venue in Arkansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|