Esther Daphna Ginzburg
6 March 1990
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Agency||Elite Model Israel|
Esther Daphna "Esti" Ginzburg-Keizman (Hebrew: אסתי גינזבורג; born 6 March 1990) is an Israeli model, actress, and television host. She has modeled in international campaigns for fashion brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Burberry, FCUK, Pull and Bear. She was also featured in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. According to Forbes Israel, she was ranked third among the top ten highest paid models in Israel in 2013, below the two top Israeli models Bar Refaeli and Gal Gadot.
Esther Daphna Ginzburg was born and raised in the affluent Tzahala neighbourhood of Tel Aviv, Israel. Her mother Adrianne Walter-Ginzburg is an American Jewish gerontologist and, she immigrated from the United States. Her father Arieh "Arik" Ginzburg is an architect, and is from a family of Ashkenazi Jewish (Polish-Jewish and Belarusian-Jewish) descent. Her paternal grandfather was Grodno-born Israeli architect Shlomo "Grisha" Ginzburg, who was involved in the original planning and construction of Tel Aviv. and her maternal grandmother was cousin of American photographer Paul Schutzer. She attended the Ironi Yud Alef High School in northern Tel Aviv.
She was enlisted to the Israel Defense Forces on 22 July 2009 as a soldier, and in early October of that year, while speaking in support of military enlistment, caused headlines by criticizing her fellow Israeli model Bar Refaeli for evading military service via a short-lived marriage to a family friend. While serving as an Israeli soldier, Ginzburg said: "Military service is part of the things I personally believe in."
Ginzburg started modeling at the age of eight with a milk advertisement and at the age of 14 signed a contract with modeling agency Elite Models. In 2006, she signed a two-year deal with Israeli firm Fox, and was featured on the February/March 2007 cover of French Elle. She has also modeled in international campaigns for brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Burberry, FCUK, Pull and Bear, and the Israeli-based fashion brand Castro. She was also featured in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Ginzburg made her acting debut in the 2010 Joel Schumacher film Twelve, which garnered negative reviews. In 2013, she appeared in the American comedy film, Movie 43, which was panned by critics and won the 2013 Razzie for Worst Picture.
Ginzburg volunteers for the Hayim Association, which works to provide relief and support to children in Israel who are diagnosed with cancer.
On 18 December 2013, it was reported that Ginzburg's father was suing her for allegedly failing to pay him money owed for a house he sold her and her husband. She no longer has a relationship with her father after he sued her, and he has not met her son.
- Esti Ginzburg Archived 14 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine, eonline.co.il (in Hebrew)
- הדוגמניות המרוויחות ביותר בישראל Forbes Israel, June 2013.
- אסתי גינזבורג – ווג – תכשיטים מילר Interview for Vogue Italia, 2011, YouTube.
- "After New York, I'm not gonna buy anything for the next years" Archived 17 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Video: http://www.vogue.it/, 16 May 2011.
- "Israel News - The Jerusalem post". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Israeli models Refaeli and Ginzburg at war over IDF Archived 5 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine The First Post.
- "Israeli supermodels in catwalk spat over draft-dodging" The Independent
- Barbiro, Rafi. Esti Ginzburg: IDF service a must. Ynetnews, 2 October 2009. Accessed 24 November 2014.
- Esti Ginzburg, Sports Illustrated
- "Esti Ginzburg". IMDb. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "'Movie 43' Wins Three Razzie Awards Including Worst Picture". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Israeli supermodel Esti Ginzburg gets married. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Goldgrube Wohnungsnot Profite mit rabiaten Methoden, von Peter Podjavorsek und Adama Ulrich, ZDF Frontal21 3. Dezember 2019
- "איך אסתי גינזבורג קראה לבנה הבכור? - וואלה! סלבס". וואלה! סלבס. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Israeli Sports Illustrated model Esti Ginzburg being sued by her dad". Haaretz. 8 December 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "אסתי גינזבורג: "רפאל לא פגש את סבא שלו" - וואלה! סלבס". וואלה! סלבס. Retrieved 17 February 2016.