Mamo in 2009
January 29, 1983
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
At the age of 9 she and her family immigrated from Ethiopia to Israel, where the family lived in a poor district of a southern Israeli city. A younger brother committed suicide in 2004.
Modeling & acting
Initially discovered at 15, Mamo decided to finish school before she began her career.
From 2004 on, Mamo has worked in Europe campaigning for several international brands. She also studied acting in Israel, and has acted in various Israeli TV productions.
Esti Mamo is also dedicated to philanthropic work within Ethiopian Jewish, Israeli, and diaspora Jewish communities.[]
She was voted the 97th sexiest woman of 2005 in an online survey reported in the December edition of men's magazine Blazer.[]
- "American Jewish Life Magazine". Atlantajewish.com. Retrieved 2011-03-16.
- "Esti Mamo". Esti Mamo. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-03-16.
- Khazzoom, Loolwa. "Not Just a Pretty Face". J Vibe. Archived from the original on February 14, 2006. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "'Queen of Sheba'Model tries to open doors for fellow Ethiopians in Israel". Washington Jewish Week. Archived from the original on 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2011-03-16.
- Khazzoom, Loolwa. "Not Just a Pretty Face". J Vibe. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- Burstein, Nathan (2005-12-14). "Beautiful country | Jerusalem Post". Fr.jpost.com. Retrieved 2011-03-16.