Estia J. Eichten
|Estia J. Eichten|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (B.S., Ph.D.)|
|Doctoral advisor||Roman Jackiw, MIT|
|Known for||Collider phenomenology
|Notable awards||Sakurai Prize (2011)|
Estia Joseph Eichten (born 1946), is an American theoretical physicist, of the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab). He received his Ph.D. in 1972 from M.I.T., where he was a student of Roman Jackiw's, and was Associate Professor of Physics at Harvard before joining the Fermilab Theoretical Physics Department in 1982.
In 1984 Eichten coauthored "Supercollider Physics" (with Kenneth Lane, Ian Hinchliffe and Chris Quigg), which has strongly influenced the quest for future discoveries at hadron colliders, such as the Fermilab Tevatron, the SSC, and the LHC at CERN. He has made many other significant contributions, including the study of the spectroscopy of heavy-light mesons (for which he was an originator of the idea of heavy quark symmetry), quarkonium, and "technicolor" theories of dynamical electroweak symmetry breaking.
In 2011 Eichten with Chris Quigg, Ian Hinchliffe, and Kenneth Lane won the J. J. Sakurai Prize for Theoretical Particle Physics "For their work, separately and collectively, to chart a course of the exploration of TeV scale physics using multi-TeV hadron colliders" 
- Estia Joseph Eichten at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- E. Eichten; I. Hinchliffe; K. Lane; C. Quigg (1984). "Supercollider Physics". Reviews of Modern Physics 56 (4): 579–707. Bibcode:1984RvMP...56..579E. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.56.579.
- E. Eichten; K. Gottfried; T. Kinoshita; J. Kogut; K. D. Lane; T.-M. Yan (1975). "Spectrum of Charmed Quark-Antiquark Bound States". Physical Review Letters 34 (6): 369–372. Bibcode:1975PhRvL..34..369E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.34.369.
- E. Eichten; K. Gottfried; T. Kinoshita; K. D. Lane; T.-M. Yan (1978). "Charmonium: The Model". Physical Review D17 (11): 3090–3117. Bibcode:1978PhRvD..17.3090E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.17.3090.
- E. Eichten; K. Gottfried; T. Kinoshita; K. D. Lane; Tung-Mow Yan (1980). "Charmonium: Comparison With Experiment". Physical Review D21 (1): 203–233. Bibcode:1980PhRvD..21..203E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.21.203.
- Estia Eichten; Kenneth Lane (1980). "Dynamical breaking of weak interaction symmetries". Physics Letters B90 (1-2): 125–130. Bibcode:1980PhLB...90..125E. doi:10.1016/0370-2693(80)90065-9.
- American Physical Society - J. J. Sakurai Prize Winners
- Eichten's publications on SPIRES.
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|