Prince's General Merchandise in Estillfork
|Elevation||705 ft (215 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||256 & 938|
|GNIS feature ID||156322|
Estillfork is an unincorporated community in Jackson County, Alabama, United States. It is located in a rugged area at the head of the Paint Rock Valley in northern Jackson County. Just south of the community, the stream with which it shares its name, Estill Fork, joins Hurricane Creek to form the Paint Rock River. The Cumberland Plateau rises immediately to the east, and the Alabama-Tennessee state line passes a few miles to the north.
Estillfork has a post office with ZIP code 35745. The community and stream were named for early settlers in the area. Prince's General Merchandise, a general store which once served Estillfork, was established by Pete Prince in the early 1940s.
- "Estillfork". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Paint Rock River". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Virginia Foscue, Place Names in Alabama (University of Alabama Press, 1989), p. 53.
- Kay Campbell, "Paint Rock Valley's Rolling Store Moving Heritage Tomato Seedlings to Alabama's Appalachian Counties," AL.com, 11 May 2013.
- Media related to Estillfork, Alabama at Wikimedia Commons
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|