Eston Park Academy
|Motto||Endeavour, Progress, Achievement|
|DfE URN||137816 Tables|
|Houses||Durham, Lincoln, Ripon, York and Normanby|
Eston Park Academy (formerly Eston Park School) was a mixed academy and sixth form in Teesville, Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England. It merged with neighbouring Gillbrook Academy in September 2014 and now forms part of a new single Hillsview Academy. The new merged academy is run by the Academies Enterprise Trust (as were the two former schools).
It had five houses: Durham, Lincoln, Ripon, York and Normanby (the house for the Sixth Form).
Ofsted and academic achievement
In December 2009, the Ofsted report rated the school as "good", one that "provides a good standard of education and one that is improving under the positive leadership of the headteacher". Ofsted stated that "the school is determined that all students should be enabled to fulfil their dreams by developing into the business and community leaders of tomorrow". In May 2013 the school was judged inadequate by Ofsted.
- Maddison, Lee (16 May 2013). "Two Eston academies to merge from September". GazetteLive.
- "Hillsview Academy Letter" (PDF). School website. 12 September 2013.
- "2009 Inspection Report" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "2013 School inspection report" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "Academies Will Provide New Vision For Local Secondary Education". Academies Enterprise Trust. 20 Jun 2011.