Estonian Space Office
|Jurisdiction||Government of Estonia|
The Estonian Space Office (ESO; Estonian: Eesti Kosmosebüroo) is the unit established within Enterprise Estonia by the Government of Estonia to facilitate membership in the European Space Agency and related commercial and research ties. In addition ESO serves as a contact point with the IAF, EURISY and EUMETSAT in procurement-related matters.
ESO is not a space agency. State space policy as it exists is managed through the Space Affairs Council at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications. ESO functions as a centre for technology and business competence alongside Tartu Observatory which has responsibility for space science, space exploration and remote sensing. Various activities within the Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development of the European Union for education, science and innovation, including funding for space programs, are coordinated by the Archimedes Foundation.
- Space science in Estonia
- Ene Ergma - Skytte medal recipient
- ESTCube-1 - first Estonian satellite
- ESTCube-2 - planned Estonian satellite
- "About the Space Office". eas.ee. EAS. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Estonian Space Governance System and Activities Today". eas.ee. EAS. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
|This article about an organisation in Estonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|