|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
A 33 cl bottle of Estrella Damm beer
|Alcohol by volume||5.2%|
Estrella Damm is a pilsner beer, brewed in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It has existed since 1876, when August Küntzmann Damm founded his brewery in Barcelona, and is the flagship beer of S.A. Damm, a prominent brewery in the city. The brand is the oldest in Spain, and the name Estrella means "star" in both Catalan and Spanish. Estrella Damm is available in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Greece, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Taiwan, and the UK in a 4.6% version. In the United States, it is available through United States Beverage, LLC. Despite its name, Estrella Damm should not be confused with another Spanish lager, called Estrella Galicia.
During the heyday of baseball in Spain in the 1950s and 1960s, S.A. Damm sponsored a local baseball team, Picadero Damm. In 2007, Estrella Damm was one of the major sponsors of Emirates Team New Zealand, a challenger for the America's Cup who won the Louis Vuitton Cup.
In 2012, Estrella Damm aired its first UK commercial, which features the band Billie the Vision and the Dancers and was set in Menorca.
Estrella Damm also sponsors the National restaurant awards along with holding the Estrella Damm gastronomy congress on the same day.
In addition to Estrella, the Damm brewery produces a number of other beers:
- Estrella Damm: 5,4º
- Voll-Damm Doble Malta: double malt beer - 7,2º
- Xibeca: Pilsener beer - 4,6º
- Estrella Damm Inedit: created by El Bulli.
- Estrella Damm Daura: gluten-free beer.
- Free Damm: non-alcoholic beer - 0,0º
- Damm Lemon: beer with lemon - 3,2º
- Bock Damm: black beer - 5,4º
- Ak Damm: made by the August Kuentzmann Damm Method - 4,8º
- Free Damm Limón: non alcoholic beer with lemon - 0,0º
- Keler: based on the Juan and Teodoro Kutz recipe - 6,5º
- Estrella de Levante: beer from Murcia
- Estrella del Sur: beer from Andalusia - 4,5º
- Estrella Damm N.A.: non-alcoholic beer - 0,0º
- Skol: traditional beer - 4,5º
- Victoria: beer from Málaga - 5,4º
- Budweiser: old beer from Budvar - 5º
- Saaz:[disambiguation needed] soft beer - 3,5º
- Radeberger: German pilsen[disambiguation needed] style- 4,8% vol.
- Weiss Damm: wheat beer - 4,8º
- Media related to Estrella Damm at Wikimedia Commons
- Estrella Damm web site (English) (Catalan) (Spanish)
- Estrella Damm Inedit (English) (Catalan) (Spanish)
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|