Estrella Warbird Museum
|Location||Paso Robles, California
|Type||Military Aviation History|
The Estrella Warbird Museum is an aviation museum dedicated to the restoration and preservation of military aircraft, vehicles, and memorabilia. The museum is located at Paso Robles Municipal Airport in central California and is named after Estrella Army Airfield. In July, 2009, the museum opened an automobile display featuring classic racing cars, The Woodland Auto Display.
As of January 2015, the following aircraft were on exhibit at the museum.
- Aeronca L-16
- Aermacchi MB-326
- Beechcraft T-34 Mentor
- Bell UH-1D Iroquois
- Cessna T-37B Tweety Bird
- Douglas A-4A Skyhawk
- Douglas A-4J Skyhawk
- Douglas C-47 Skytrain
- Grumman A-6E Intruder
- Grumman US-2D Tracker
- Grumman F-9F8P Cougar
- Fouga CM-170 Magister
- Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter
- Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star
- McDonnell Douglas F-4S Phantom
- North American L-17A Navion
- North American OV-10A Bronco
- North American QF-86F Sabre
- North American T-28B Trojan
- Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter
- Northrop-Grumman F-14B Tomcat
- Saab A32A Lansen
- Sikorsky HH-52A Seaguard
- Stinson L-5E Sentinel
- Vought A-7C Corsair II
- Vought F-8G Crusader
- Vultee SNV-1 (BT-13A) Valiant
Armament and ordnance
As of January 2010, the following armament and ordnance were on exhibit at the museum.
- Alvis FV 603 Saracen armored personnel carrier
- Bofors 40mm anti-aircraft gun
- General Dynamics M60A3 main battle tank
- General Dynamics M60 tank turret
- United Defense M901 ITV anti-tank vehicle
- 57mm M1 anti-tank gun
- ZPU-1 14.5 mm anti-aircraft gun
As of January 2010, the following missiles were on exhibit at the museum.
- Hughes AIM-4 Falcon air-to-air missile
- Martin HGM-25A Titan I intercontinental ballistic missile
- Raytheon AIM-7 Sparrow air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-54C Phoenix air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-120 AMRAAM air-to-air missile
As of January 2010, the following automobiles were on exhibit at the museum.
- 1932 Ford Jalopy
- 1932 Ford 75th Anniversary Deuce reproduction
- 1937, 1938, 1948, 1952 Midget racers
- 1947 Track Roadster
- 1948 Mercury Sedan Coupe
- 1961 USAC Championship Indy Car Roadster
- 1962, 1965, 1969, 1975, 1995 Sprint cars
- 1966, 1982 Super Modified racers
- 2001 NASCAR Ford Taurus
- 2007 NASCAR Toyota Camry
- Link Trainer
- McDonnell F-4D Phantom (front fuselage only)
- Ryan BQM 34S Firebee
- General Atomics GNAT 750
- "Welcome to the Estrella Warbird Museum". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "The Woodland Family Automobile Collection". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Estrella Warbird Museum Aircraft". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Armament & Ordnance". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Estrella Warbird Missiles". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- Thomas, Hayley (January 5, 2010). "Fast times at Estrella Warbirds Museum" (fee required). Paso Robles Press (News Media Corporation). Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- Skaarup, Harold A. (2002). California Warbird Survivors 2002: A Handbook on Where to Find Them. iUniverse. pp. 140–141. ISBN 978-0-595-23644-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Estrella Warbird Museum.|