|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Estus Washington Pirkle (March 12, 1930 – March 3, 2005) was a Baptist minister from New Albany, Mississippi. In addition to his preaching, Pirkle was known for creating and starring in his own Christian films as well as writing numerous books. His films were directed by Ron Ormond and produced by the Ormond Organization of Nashville, Tennessee.
The Burning Hell is a 1974 film created by Pirkle as his interpretation of what the Bible has to say about hell. It is available in Spanish, Portuguese, Malayalam, Tamil and English. The screenplay is by Ron Ormond. The companion movie The Believer's Heaven gives Pirkle's interpretation of what the Bible has to say about heaven. Pirkle's preaching was sampled by Negativland for the song "Christianity Is Stupid".
- (1968) Wintertime, Moffitt Press
- (1969) Preachers in Space, Hiott Press
- (1969) What Are You Living For?, MP Religious Book and Record Co.
- The 1611 King James Bible: a study, The King's Press
- A Ray for God, The Official Biography of Percy Ray, The King's Press
- If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do? (1971)
- The Burning Hell (1974)
- The Believer's Heaven (1977)