|District of Uttar Pradesh|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Etah|
|• Total||5,444 km2 (2,102 sq mi)|
Etah district is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Etah town is the district headquarters. Etah district is a part of Aligarh Division. The driving distance from New Delhi to Etah is 207 km.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Etah one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Etah district has a population of 1,761,143, roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 272nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 717 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,860/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.77%. Etah has a sex ratio of 863 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.27%.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Distance between New Delhi, Delhi and Etah, Uttar Pradesh 142 Miles / 228 Km". www.distancebetweencities.co.in.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 5, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on October 19, 2013. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|This Etah district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|