This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 14, 1974 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Life and career
His first produced scripts, in 1995 and 1997, were for Beavis and Butthead, where he was credited as Ethan Cohen. He has since written for other Mike Judge-directed projects, including King of the Hill from 2001 to 2005, and for the feature film Idiocracy in 2006. In the late 1990s he worked on two other television series – the animated Recess and the short lived It's Like, You Know.... After scripting Idiocracy, he worked on the hit animated series, American Dad! and wrote the episode, "Failure Is Not a Factory-Installed Option". The American Dad! minor character of the same name is named for him.
Cohen penned the script for 2012's Men in Black 3. In 2015 he made his directorial debut with Get Hard, which he also co-wrote. Other projects he is currently writing include feature films Revenge of the Jocks, The Fiance, and Daddy's Home.
- Beavis and Butt-head (TV series) (1995–1997)
- Recess (TV series) (1999)
- It's Like, You Know (1999)
- Timon & Pumbaa (TV series) (1999)
- King of the Hill (TV series) (2001–2005)
- Idiocracy (2006)
- American Dad! (TV series) (2006)
- Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008)
- Men in Black 3 (2012)
- Get Hard (2015)
- Holmes and Watson (2018)
- Smith, Lynn (15 August 2008). "The joke is on you". Los Angeles Times.
- Chris Lee (2012-05-29). "The Movie Redemption of 'Men in Black 3' Scribe Etan Cohen". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- IMDb credits page
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|