|Look up etching in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Etching may refer to:
- Etching, a printmaking technique in art
- Glass etching, a glass decoration technique
- Industrial etching, or chemical milling, chemical etching in manufacturing and industry
- Photochemical machining, with chemicals, using a photoresist
- Etching (microfabrication), a process in producing microelectronics
- Ion track etching
- Unwanted glass etching done by dishwashers
- Chemical weathering of rocks
Most of the above can be called chemical etching, though the term is mostly used for industrial etching. An etcher is most likely to mean a printmaker. An etchant (sometimes mordant) is any chemical used to etch, but probably refers to an industrial process.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Etching.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.