Jump to navigation Jump to search
Etelka or Etelke is a Hungarian given name. It is the female equivalent of Etele, a variant of Attila. It may have originated as the name of the title character in the 1788 novel Etelka by Dugonics András.
People with the name
- Etelka Barsi-Pataky (1941–2018), Hungarian politician
- Etelka Freund (1879–1977), Hungarian pianist
- Etelka Gerster (1855–1920), Hungarian soprano
- Etelka Kenéz Heka (born 1936), Hungarian writer and singer
- Etelka Keserű (1925–2018), Hungarian economist and politician
- Etelka Kispál (born 1941), Hungarian Olympic sprinter
- Etelka Szapáry (1798–1876), Hungarian noble
- Coleophora etelka, a moth of family Coleophoridae
- Kálmán, Béla (1978). The World of Names: A Study in Hungarian Onomatology. Akadémiai Kiadó. p. 49. ISBN 9789630513999. Retrieved 30 August 2018 – via Google Books.
- Sundberg, Kerstin (1 January 2004). "József Eötvös and the Age of Hungarian Reform". Modernisation and Tradition: European Local and Manorial Societies 1500-1900. 2. Nordic Academic Press. p. 115. ISBN 9789189116405. Retrieved 30 August 2018 – via Google Books.
- "Madame Etelka Gerster". The Illustrated Queen Almanac and Lady's Calendar. The Queen Office. 1877. p. 34. Retrieved 30 August 2018 – via Google Books.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|