Albright at the 2008 Pro Bowl
|Position:||Long snapper / Center|
|Date of birth:||May 1, 1971|
|Place of birth:||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||248 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Grimsley (NC)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2010|
|Player stats at PFR|
Lawrence Ethan Albright (born May 1, 1971 in Greensboro, North Carolina) is a former American football long snapper in the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 1995. He played college football at North Carolina. He is known mainly as a long snapper. He is also known by the nickname "The Red Snapper" due to his specialty position combined with his bright red hair.
Albright played tight end early in his career for the North Carolina Tar Heels but later switched to offensive tackle and was named First Team All-ACC at that position in 1993. Albright also handled the long snapping duties for the Tar Heels.
Albright was named to his first Pro Bowl following the 2007 season. He wore the number 21, along with teammates Chris Cooley and Chris Samuels, in honor of their teammate Sean Taylor, who was killed during the 2007 season. Albright was re-signed by the Redskins, keeping him away from the free agent market, on February 19, 2008.
Albright and his wife, Katherine, have two daughters and two sons: Mary Grace, Madelyn Costner, Lawson Geoffrey and Nolan Davis; they reside in Greensboro, North Carolina.
In Popular Culture
The 2007 edition of the Madden NFL game by EA Sports has Albright rated 53 out of 99, the lowest of all NFL players. This became an internet meme, made popular by the now defunct site Phat Phree, and even being pointed out on the ESPN website.
- "The 10 Best Washington Redskins 2000-2009". bleacherreport.com. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Recent Bills News". angelfire.com. 2001-06-03. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Chargers Sign LS Ethan Albright". cheeseheadtv.com. 2010-09-29. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Albright was re-signed by the Redskins, keeping him away from the free agent market, on February 19, 2008. "Redskins LS Albright headed to Pro Bowl". National Post. PA SportsTicker. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2008-01-24.
- "Ethan Albright Re-Signs". The Washington Post. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Chargers sign long snapper Mike Windt, cut Ethan Albright". nationalfootballpost.com. 2010-10-13. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- ESPN.com: Page 2 : Meet Madden's Mr. Irrelevant
- "'Madden 12' cover candidates". ESPN. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2011-09-19.