This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ethan Kath performing with Crystal Castles at the Popped! Music Festival.
|Birth name||Claudio Paolo Palmieri|
|Also known as||Ethan Deth|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist|
|Instruments||Keyboards, synthesizers, sampler, guitar, bass guitar, drums, vocoder|
|Associated acts||Crystal Castles, Kïll Cheerleadër, Die Mannequin, Jakarta|
Rolling Stone named Crystal Castles the #1 Icons of 20 Years of Lollapalooza. Kath and his band Crystal Castles received the John Peel Award For Innovation at the 2011 NME Awards. Crystal Castles' debut album was included in NME's "Top 100 Greatest Albums of the Decade" list at #39.
Kath was born to Italian parents in Toronto, Ontario. Prior to Crystal Castles, Kath played different instruments in many bands. At age 15, he played drums in Jakarta, an anarchist-hardcore band. Later, he was the bassist in a garage-metal band called Kïll Cheerleadër. He was also in a two-piece folk band.
Crystal Castles are known for the elusiveness of their off-stage lives and identities. Kath is routinely photographed wearing hoodies which obscure some or all of his face and has gone by a number of different aliases over the years.
In October 2017, Alice Glass posted a statement on her official website explaining her departure from Crystal Castles, accusing co-founder Ethan Kath of sexual, physical and mental abuse. The accusations detail the alleged abuse starting when Glass was 15 and began recording with Kath, and escalated until her eventual departure from Crystal Castles. Kath responded the same day in a statement issued to Pitchfork through his attorney, where he called the accusations "pure fiction" and said he was consulting with his lawyers as to his legal options. Kath subsequently sued Glass for defamation. The case was dismissed in February 2018. 
On December 21, 2017, Police Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook of the Toronto Police Service confirmed that Palmieri was the subject of a currently open Sex Crimes unit investigation.
With Kïll Cheerleadër
With Die Mannequin
- How To Kill (2006)
With Crystal Castles
- "BMI Repertoire - Songwriter/Composer: PALMIERI CLAUDIO PAOLO". BMI. Retrieved 2016-03-16.
- Lindsay, Cam (7 March 2008). "Secret Identity of Crystal Castles' "Ethan" Revealed!". Exclaim. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Beason, Andrew (1 November 2012). "Crystal Castles Make the Ballroom Bounce". Vancouver Weekly. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Errett, Joshua (27 April 2009). "Caring for Castles". NOW Toronto. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Alice Glass Statement". Alice Glass. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Lollapalooza Through the Years". rollingstone.com Celebs. rollingstone.com. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Crystal Castles get John Peel Award For Innovation at Shockwaves NME Awards". NME.com Celebs. NME.com. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Magazine, NME. "The Top 100 Greatest Albums of the Decade". NME. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- Magazine, SPIN. "Kill Cheerleader". SPIN. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Crystal Castles Interview, mp3s, secret show!". Sparks vs Space blog. June 12, 2007. Retrieved 25 October 2008.
- "Alice Glass Accuses Crystal Castles Co-Founder Ethan Kath of Rape and Assault; Kath Responds". Pitchfork. 24 October 2017.
- Rettig, James (2017-11-03). "Crystal Castles' Ethan Kath Sues Alice Glass For Defamation". Stereogum. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Strauss, Matthew; Minsker, Evan (23 February 2018). "Alice Glass Triumphs in Ethan Kath's Defamation Suit". Pitchfork. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Ethan Kath of Crystal Castles Under Sex Crimes Investigation, Police Confirm". The Daily Beast Company LLC. 21 December 2017.