Ethernet VPN (EVPN) is a technology for carrying layer 2 Ethernet traffic as a virtual private network using wide area network protocols. EVPN technologies include Ethernet over MPLS and Ethernet over VXLAN.
EVPNs are covered by a number of Internet RFCs, including:
- RFC 7209 "Requirements for Ethernet VPN (EVPN)",
- RFC 7432 "BGP MPLS-Based Ethernet VPN",
- RFC 8365 "A Network Virtualization Overlay Solution Using Ethernet VPN (EVPN)"
- "EVPN Overview - TechLibrary - Juniper Networks". www.juniper.net. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Understanding EVPN with VXLAN Data Plane Encapsulation - TechLibrary - Juniper Networks". www.juniper.net. Retrieved 2019-12-19.