Ethical Code of Practice for the Norwegian Press
The Ethical Code of Practice for the Norwegian Press (Bokmål: Vær Varsom-plakaten, Nynorsk: Ver Varsam-plakaten, Northern Sami: Leage Várrugas) is a code regularing journalism ethics and standards in Norway.
It was first written in 1936. In 1956 it was rewritten for the first time, with important contributions from Verdens Gang editor Christian A. R. Christensen. Later revisions came in 1966, 1975, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2001, 2005 and 2007.
The code is supplemented by the 1953 document, the Rights and Duties of the Editor (Redaktørplakaten), as well as a code regarding advertising language (Tekstreklameplakaten).
- "Vær Varsom-plakaten" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Press Association. Archived from the original on 25 June 2009. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- Bastiansen, Henrik G. (2006). "Når redaktører dissekeres". Prosa. 12 (6). Archived from the original on 2010-11-08.
- Bonde, Arne. "Christian A R Christensen". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- Syvertsen, Trine (2007). "Vær varsom-plakaten". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- Henriksen, Petter, ed. (2007). "Redaktørplakaten". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
|This article about a Norwegian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|