In Europe, an ethics committee is a body responsible for oversight of medical or human research studies in EU member states. "Ethics committee" may refer to:
- A Research Ethics Committee (REC) in the United Kingdom
- A Medical Research Ethics Committee (MREC) in the Netherlands.
- A Comités de Protection des Personnes (CPP) in France.
In the United States, an ethics committee is usually known as an Institutional Review Board, a committee dedicated to overseeing the rights and well-being of research subjects participating in scientific studies in the US.
In a non-research context, the term may refer to:
- The Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
- United States House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct (popularly known as the "Ethics Committee")
- United States Senate Select Committee on Ethics
In Australia, an ethics committee in medical research refers to a Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ethics committee.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.