Ethiopia competed at the 2011 World Championships in Athletics from August 27 to September 4 in Daegu, South Korea.
A provisional list of 36 athletes was announced to represent the country in the event. The participation of Kenenisa Bekele and Tirunesh Dibaba is said to be uncertain.
The final team on the entry list comprises the names of 42 athletes.
The following athletes appeared on the preliminary Entry List, but not on the Official Start List of the specific event, resulting in total number of 34 competitors:
||Did not participate
||Competed in another event
The following competitors from Ethhiopia won medals at the Championships
won the gold medal in the Men's 10,000 metres event at this year's championships
Ibrahim Jeilan won the gold medal in a dramatic sprint finish in the men's 10,000m final.
- ^ Yohannes, Sabrina (July 27, 2011), Ethiopia drafts its provisional Daegu team, Universal Sports, retrieved August 16, 2011
- ^ a b IAAF (August 21, 2011), Entry Lists by Country (PDF), Archived from the original on August 4, 2012, retrieved August 21, 2011
- ^ IAAF, Athletes participating per day, retrieved September 7, 2011
- ^ Johnson, Len (August 28, 2011), Men's 10,000m - Final - In dramatic finish, Jeilan keeps title in Ethiopian hands, IAAF, retrieved September 7, 2011
- ^ a b IAAF (September 4, 2011), Men's 5000m - Final - Farah first European winner since 1983, retrieved September 5, 2011
- ^ IAAF (August 28, 2011), Women's 1500m - Heats - Jamal leads qualifiers - Updated, retrieved September 1, 2011