Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ethos Capital is a private equity investment firm founded in 2019. Its best known investment is the planned acquisition of the Public Interest Registry, the organization in charge of managing the .org top-level domain, from the Internet Society for $1.135 billion.
According to Ethos Capital's website, other investments are Whistle (sports network for kids), Adhark (AI trend analytics), LiquidX (asset trading network), and VidMob (video marketing).
Personnel and relationship to ICANN and domain industry
Ethos Capital was founded by Erik Brooks. Brooks is a former Managing Partner of another private equity firm Abry Partners. During his tenure at Abry, in September 2018, the company acquired Donuts, a domain name registrar with a wide portfolio of new gTLDs.  In October 2018 former ICANN President of Global Domains Akram Atallah joined Donuts as CEO, while in December 2018 Donuts co-founder Jon Nevett joined Public Interest Registry as CEO.
Other former ICANN staff members are involved in Ethos Capital itself. Former CEO Fadi Chehadé serves as an advisor, and former Senior Vice President, Development and Public Responsibility Programs Nora Abusitta-Ouri serves as Chief Purpose Officer.
- "Advancing the Internet Society's Mission Into the Future". 30 November 2019.
- "Erik Brooks". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Abry Partners Enters Into Agreement to Invest Majority Stake in Donuts Inc" (Press Release). Donuts. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Donuts Appoints Akram J. Atallah as CEO" (Press Release). [[Donuts (company}|Donuts]]. 10 October 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Jonathon Nevett Named CEO of Public Interest Registry" (Press Release). Public Interest Registry. 5 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- Saarinen, Juhaa. "Internet Society sells .org to private equity firm". Retrieved 25 November 2019.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|