|Directed by||L Suresh|
|Written by||L Suresh|
|Music by||Taj Noor|
|Edited by||Raja Mohammed|
|Box office||10 Crores|
Eththan (Tamil: எத்தன்; English: Clever person), also known as Ethan is a 2011 Indian Tamil language drama film written and directed by L Suresh. The film stars Vimal and Sanusha in the lead roles, whilst Jayaprakash and Sarvajit appear in supporting roles. The music was composed by Taj Noor. A remake of the 2010 Telugu film Kalavar King, directed by Suresh himself, the film was released on 27 May 2011, with moderate review.
Sathyamurthy (Vimal) is the son of a schoolteacher DK (Jayaprakash) in Kumbakonam. Sathya is a happy-go-lucky youngster who yearns to do business. To achieve his 'mission', he borrows money from all quarters and is almost drowned in debts. Even as his father advises him to start leading life in a right manner, enters Selvi (Sanusha), a student. Sathya gets acquainted to Selvi, and his life takes a turn. Meanwhile, Selvi is in trouble because her uncle Pandiyan (Sarvajit), a rowdy, wants her to marry him. This proposal was ignored by Selvi, and she hated Pandiyan because he killed her father (Santhana Bharathi). One day while goofing around with Sathya, Selvi loses the necklace Pandiyan had given her. Sathya and Selvi escape to Chennai, but Pandiyan and a corrupt inspector come and trouble them. Sathya switches on the police's cordless phone, through which an Assistant Commissioner of Police (Sampath Raj) comes to know about Pandiyan and arrests him. The film ends with Sathya opening a cable TV station and becoming successful.
- Vimal as Sathyamoorthy
- Sanusha as Selvi
- Jayaprakash as DK, Sathya's father
- Sarvajit as Pandiyan
- Pragathi as Sathya's mother
- Santhana Bharathi as Selvi's father
- Senthikumari as Selvi's mother
- Saimantha as Fathima, Selvi's friend
- Singampuli as Veerasingam
- M. S. Bhaskar
- Nandha Saravananv
- Lakshya in a Cameo Appearance
- Sampath Raj as Assistant Commissioner of Police (Cameo Appearance)
- "Vimal becomes 'Eththan' - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 22 September 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Movie Review:Ethan". Sify. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Friday Fiesta 270511 - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Eththan Movie Review". TheCinemanews.com. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|