Etihad Towers in November 2012
United Arab Emirates
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Sheikh Suroor Projects Department|
|Main contractor||Arabian Construction Company(ACC)|
The towers are located opposite the Emirates Palace hotel and feature offices, apartments and a hotel. The estimated cost for the construction are 2.5 bn Dirhams. Towers 2 and 5 topped out in November 2010.
A year later, in November 2011, the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Hotel which belongs to Jumeirah Group was opened in Tower 1. Tori No Su Japanese restaurant opened within the hotel in 2012. The adjacent Tower 2 is (as of December 2012) the tallest building on Abu Dhabi island and the second tallest in Abu Dhabi after Sky Tower on Al Reem Island. Tower 2 has an observation deck in the 75th floor which is accessible from the hotel via a lower level linking podium.
- Tower 1: 69 floors, 277 meters
- Tower 2: 74 floors, 305 meters
- Tower 3: 54 floors, 260 meters
- Tower 4: 61 floors, 234 meters
- Tower 5: 55 floors, 218 meters
The towers were used as a filming location for the 2015 film Furious 7. In the film, Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) steal a Lykan HyperSport and drive it through three of the towers.
- "Etihad Towers T1 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on August 1, 2013.
- "Etihad Towers T2 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013.
- "Etihad Towers T3 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on August 1, 2013.
- "Etihad Towers T4 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- "Etihad Towers T5 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- Hill Jessica (2013-11-12). "Abu Dhabi is buzzing with Fast & Furious 7 filming rumours". The National. Retrieved 2015-04-07.