Logo used in the first Etrian Odyssey
|Genres||Role-playing, dungeon crawler|
|Platforms||Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS|
|Platform of origin||Nintendo DS|
|Year of inception||2007|
January 18, 2007
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth|
August 4, 2016
|Spin-offs||Etrian Mystery Dungeon|
Etrian Odyssey[a] is a dungeon crawler role-playing video game series. It is primarily developed and published by Atlus and currently owned by Sega. As of 2016, Sega Sammy Holdings has reported that the Etrian Odyssey franchise has sold a combined total of 1.5 million units in physical and digital sales since its debut in 2007.
- Etrian Odyssey
- The first title in series, was first announced by Atlus through Famitsu after demonstrating it behind closed doors at E3 2006. It was released in 2007 in Japan and Americas, and in 2008 in PAL region.
- Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
- Towards the end of 2007, Atlus announced a sequel to Etrian Odyssey. It was reported that the game would feature 12 job classes and that Yuji Himukai, Makoto Nagasawa and Yuzo Koshiro would reprise their roles, with Shigeo Komori taking on the role of director. All of character classes are reused, along with three new classes: Beast, Gunner, and War Magus. The mapping system was improved, with new symbols that can be added to the map for more detailed and accurate maps. The sequel was released on February 21, 2008, in Japan and in North America on June 17, 2008. The game has not been released in the European region.
- Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
- In early December 2009, the third installment in the series, titled "Sekaiju no MeiQ 3: Seikai no Raihōsha", was announced in Japan. This game features ocean exploring in addition to dungeon exploring, both with the familiar mapping system. In addition, the classes from previous games are removed in favor of all-new classes, including Royalty, Monk, Hoplite, Ninja, and Buccaneer. The game was released in Japan on April 1, 2010, and in North America on September 21, 2010, under the title Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City. The game has not been released in the European region.
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
- Legends of the Titan is the first Etrian Odyssey title for the Nintendo 3DS. This game features a traversable overworld in addition to dungeon exploration. The classes in this game are a mix of old and new, with old classes including the Landsknecht, Medic and Fortress (formerly Protector), while new ones include the Sniper, the Arcanist, and the Imperial. It was released in Japan on July 5, 2012, in North America on February 26, 2013, and in Europe on August 30, 2013.
- Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
- In late November 2014, Atlus announced other two Etrian Odyssey along with Etrian Mystery Dungeon. It was released in Japan on August 4, 2016, in North America on October 17, 2017 and in Europe and Australasia in November 2017.
- Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Released in Japan on August 2, 2018 as Etrian Odyssey X, and will be released outside of Japan on February 5, 2019.
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is a semi-remake of Etrian Odyssey which features animated cutscenes and voice acting. It was released in Japan on June 27, 2013, in North America on October 1, 2013 and in Europe on May 2, 2014.
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight is a remake of Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard in the vein of Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. It features a story mode with a set of characters, cutscenes, an orchestrated soundtrack and many new features. It was released in Japan on November 27, 2014 and in North America on August 4, 2015, and in Europe on February 12, 2016.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a cross over of the Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Odyssey series. Instead of the first-person view of the dungeon, it's been changed to a third-person angle where you can see everything at an aerial view.The original Etrian Odyssey's game system has been changed into the Mystery Dungeon's turn-based strategy where the player is allowed a period of analysis before deciding on a move to make, committing to it, then waiting for the opponent or enemy to make their turn. This is followed by the next round of play where the player makes their turn again. The game was released on March 5, 2015 in Japan and April 7, 2015 in North America. It was released in Europe on September 11, 2015.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 is a spin-off of the Etrian Odyssey series, and cross over of Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Odyssey series. It is a sequel to the previous entry to this series, Etrian Mystery Dungeon. The game was released on August 31, 2017 in Japan.
- Known in Japan as Sekaiju no Meikyuu (世界樹の迷宮, lit. Labyrinth of the World Tree, stylized as Sekaiju no MeiQ)
- "Sega Intellectual Properties - Annual Report 2016". Sega Sammy Holdings. 2016. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- IGN Staff (3 October 2007). "Etrian Odyssey Sequel Announced". IGN. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Madden, Orla (2012-11-21). "Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Dated For North America". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- Whitehead, Thomas (2013-07-16). "Etrian Odyssey IV Confirmed for European Release on 30th August". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- Jenni. "Etrian Odyssey Nexus Arrives In The West In February 2019". Siliconera. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Mallory, Jordan. "Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl maps out 3DS this fall". AOL Tech. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Romano, Sal (April 14, 2015). "Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold coming to Europe in early 2016". Gematsu. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Collier, Shawn. "Stand Next To Royalty With Etrian Mystery Dungeon's Sovereign". engadget. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- Romano, Sal (April 14, 2015). "Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Etrian Mystery Dungeon coming to Europe this fall". Gematsu. Retrieved April 15, 2015.