Ettrick Conservation Park
|Ettrick Conservation Park|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Murray Bridge |
|Established||31 October 2013|
|Area||4.79 km2 (1.8 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Ettrick Conservation Park is a protected area located in the Australian state of South Australia in the locality of Ettrick about 80 kilometres (50 mi) east of the state capital of Adelaide and about 24 kilometres (15 mi) north-east of the city of Murray Bridge.
The conservation park consists of crown land described as “Allotment 99 in Deposited Plan 26809” in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Ettrick. It came into existence on 31 October 2013 by proclamation under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972. It is named after the Hundred of Ettrick. A separate proclamation on 31 October 2013 ensured the continuation of “existing rights of entry, prospecting, exploration or mining” regarding the land under the Mining Act 1971 and the Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Act 2000. As of 2016, it covered an area of 4.79 square kilometres (1.85 sq mi).
… the park would be an important refuge for species such as malleefowl and regent parrot. "Most of the park is open mallee, which is made up of several species of eucalypt, but it is also home to one of the few remaining examples of tussock grassland in this part of the Murray-Darling Basin," … "This area is listed as critically endangered, so it's vital we do everything we can to protect it." It is also home to birds including the shy heathwren, hooded robin, white-winged chough, jacky winter, restless flycatcher and painted buttonquail.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Ettrick Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Properties', 'Hundreds', 'Roads', 'Recreational Trails' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "National Parks and Wildlife (Ettrick Conservation Park) Proclamation 2013". South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. 31 October 2013. p. 4133. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "National Parks and Wildlife (Ettrick Conservation Park—Mining Rights) Proclamation 2013". South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. 31 October 2013. p. 4130. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Strathearn, Peri (12 December 2013). "Ettrick Conservation Park proclaimed". The Murray Valley Standard. Fairfax Regional Media. Retrieved 30 March 2018.