Number of locations
Etude House (Korean: 에뛰드하우스) is a South Korean cosmetics brand owned by Amore Pacific. The brand name 'Étude' means 'study' in French. As of 2018, there are 393 Etude House stores. In 2019, there are 285 Etude House stores.
The company was established in 1966, and the corporate name was changed to Oscar Corporation in 1985. In 1990, it was incorporated by Amore Pacific Group. The name was changed to Etude Corporation in 1997.
Etude House Seoul was launched in 2005. It opened its 100th brand store in 2007 and its 200th in 2009.
During March 2018, certain products were recalled by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety for containing high amounts of antimony, shortly before Etude House opened its first branch in the Middle East in Dubai and a second branch in Kuwait.
Spokespersons and models
Etude House was endorsed by Jun Ji-hyun from 1999 to 2000. S.E.S replaced her and endorsed the brand from 2000 to 2001. Song Hye-kyo became a model of Etude House in 2001 and endorsed the brand until 2006. Jang Keun-suk and Go Ara were models of the brand from 2006 to 2008. Lee Min-ho, Park Shin-hye, Yoo Seung-ho was a model of the brand from 2009 to 2010. 2NE1 was the first YG Entertainment artists that Etude worked with from 2010 to 2011. Sandara Park became a model from 2011 to 2012.
On October 2011, Etude House officially announced their first male endorser SHINee stating that “SHINee has received great love not only in Asia but also in Europe. It makes SHINee the leader in the Hallyu Wave. As the idols who have grown into men, they are very appropriate to be appointed as models of Etude House.”
Krystal Jung and Sulli became a model of Etude House in 2013 to 2014 and endorsed the brand until 2018. I.O.I were models in 2017. In 2018, the members of Red Velvet became Etude House models. As of 2019, Kim Doah from Produce 48 is the model for Etude House.
Etude is using the concept of a brand to freely and proudly visit the princess hidden in the customer. In connection with this concept, Etudeau is conducting Princess Marketing, which makes customers feel like they have become princesses. For example, Etude House staff once said "hello, princess" when customers enter the store and "be happy, princess" when they leave the store.
An example of Etudean's Princess Marketing is the interior of Etude House. Etude House has a romantic and pretty princess-style interior with a pink theme. Employees at the store are also dressed in pink princess helper costumes, making customers feel like princesses.
Double Lasting Foundation - It puts forward 24-hour retention, high coverage, and excellent adhesion as marketing. As a result, through word of mouth by consumers, sales surpassed 1.2 million as of 2019.
- "Our Brands > Cosmetics > ETUDE" (in Korean). En.amorepacific.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Korean beauty brand Etude House debuts in KSA". Arab News. 10 June 2018. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Company History". etudehouse.com. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Company History". etudehouse.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- Da-Sol, Kim (20 March 2018). "Amorepacific apologizes after metal traces found in cosmetics". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- Judge, Lindsay (April 9, 2018). "ETUDE House opens first store in the UAE". Friday Magazine. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "Korean beauty brand ETUDE HOUSE opens its doors in UAE and Kuwait". Alshaya. March 25, 2018. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "Faces of ETUDE" (in Korean). etude.sg. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "샤이니 걸그룹 대세 뚫고 화장품 모델 발탁 [Etude House recruited boy group SHINee]" (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Jung, Jung-wook (January 27, 2013). "아웃도어부터 속옷까지… 패션·뷰티 '아이돌 천하'". Sports World (in Korean). Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- "[단독] 아이오아이, 에뛰드 모델 됐다…단숨에 톱 걸그룹 등극". 4 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "에뛰드하우스, 새 모델로 걸그룹 레드벨벳 발탁". 이투데이 (in Korean). 2018-03-14. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- 수정 2011-03-24 14:29:29 |, 매일신문 배포 2011-03-24 14:29:29 | (2011-03-24). "[광고미학] (35)프린세스 마케팅, '에뛰드하우스'". 매일신문. Retrieved 2019-03-19.