Etude House storefront in Myeong-dong, Seoul in 2012
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Etude House (Hangul: 에뛰드하우스) is a South Korean cosmetics brand owned by Amore Pacific. The brand name 'Etude' comes from Frederic Chopin's studies of the piano. Etude simply means study in French.
The company was established in 1966, and the corporate name was changed to Oscar Corporation in 1985. In 1990, it was incorporated by Amore Pacific Group. The name was changed to Etude Corporation in 1997.
Etude House Seoul was launched in 2005. It opened its 100th brand store in 2007 and its 200th in 2009.
Spokespersons and models
Etude House has been endorsed by Jun Ji-hyun from 1999 to 2000. S.E.S replaced her and endorsed the brand from 2000 to 2001. Song Hye-kyo became a model of Etude House in 2001 and endorsed the brand until 2006. Jang Keun-suk and Go Ara were models of the brand from 2006 to 2008. Yoo Seung-ho was a model of the brand from 2009 to 2010.
On October 25, 2011, SHINee became the new endorsers of Etude House.
As of September 2016, f(x)'s Krystal is still the main spokesperson and face of the brand.
- "Our Brands > Cosmetics > ETUDE" (in Korean). En.amorepacific.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Etude House > Brand Story". etudehouse.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Company History". etudehouse.com. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Company History". etudehouse.com. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Faces of ETUDE" (in Korean). etude.sg. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "2NE1 to return as Etude House model'". allkpop. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Krystal and Sulli to join SHINee as models for 'Etude House' in 2013". allkpop. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "[단독] 아이오아이, 에뛰드 모델 됐다…단숨에 톱 걸그룹 등극". 4 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-04.