Euchloe ausonides insulana
|Island marble butterfly|
E. a. insulanus
|Euchloe ausonides insulanus|
Guppy & Shepard, 2001
On August 22, 2012, the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation submitted a petition for protection with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). Although not yet listed as endangered, the island marble butterfly is currently noted on the Washington State Species of Concern List. In April 2018, the USFWS proposed to list the butterfly as endangered.
- "San Juan Island National Historical Park – The Island Marble Butterfly (U.S. National Park Service)" National Park Service – Experience Your America | February 9, 2009. <http://www.nps.gov/sajh/naturescience/island-marble-butterfly.htm>
- "Species Profile: Island Marble" Government of Canada | Species at Risk Public Registry <http://www.sararegistry.gc.ca/species/speciesDetails_e.cfm?sid=602>
- "Fighting For Its Life (Again): The Island Marble Butterfly" Crag Law Center | June 25, 2013. <http://crag.org/2013/06/25/fighting-for-its-life-again-the-island-marble-butterfly/ Archived 2014-09-25 at the Wayback Machine>
- "The Imperiled Island Marble Butterfly" The Island Guardian | August 23, 2012. <http://www.islandguardian.com/archives/00004512.html>
- "Species of Concern in Washington State" Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Conservation <http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/endangered/All/>
- Jenkins, Don (April 12, 2018). "Washington butterfly up for ESA protection". Capital Press. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- States, United (May 5, 2020). "Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Endangered Status for the Island Marble Butterfly and Designation of Critical Habitat". United States Government. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Saving the Island Marble Butterfly | Center for Biological Diversity
- Island Marble Butterfly | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
- ITIS Report for Euchloe ausonides | Interagency Taxonomic Information System
|This Pieridae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|