During his time in office he headed the following departments:
- Department of Justice and Police (1894)
- Department of Home Affairs (1895)
- Department of Justice and Police (1895)
- Department of Home Affairs (1896 - 1897)
- Political Department (1898)
- Military Department (1899)
He was President of the Confederation in 1898.
His father, Victor Ruffy (1823-1869), was a member of the Federal Council in 1868/1869. The younger Ruffy was the only person to succeed his father as a member of the council until the election of Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf in 2007.
|President of the National Council
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
|This article about a Swiss politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|