Eugene N. Kozloff
|Eugene N. Kozloff|
26 September 1920|
|Died||4 March 2017
|Institutions||Friday Harbor Laboratories, University of Washington; Shannon Point Marine Center, Western Washington University|
|Known for||Author of Pacific Northwest field guides|
Eugene N. Kozloff (26 September 1920 – 4 March 2017) was an American marine biologist and botanist at Shannon Point Marine Center on Fidalgo Island, Washington. He was an emeritus professor of the Friday Harbor Laboratories, University of Washington, and is best known for writing field guides for the Pacific Northwest Region of the United States.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1973. Seashore life of Puget Sound, the Strait of Georgia, and the San Juan Archipelago. Seattle, Washington, University of Washington Press, 282 p.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1974. Keys to the marine invertebrates of Puget Sound, the San Juan Archipelago, and adjacent regions. Seattle, Washington, University of Washington Press, 226 p.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1976. Plants and animals of the Pacific Northwest: an illustrated guide to the natural history of western Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. Seattle, Washington, University of Washington Press, 264 p.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1993. Seashore life of the Pacific Northwest: an illustrated guide to northern California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. 370 p.
- Kozloff, E.N. 1996. Marine Invertebrates of the Pacific Northwest with additions and corrections. Seattle, Washington, University of Washington Press, 552 p.
- Beidleman, L.H. & E.N. Kozloff. 2003. Plants of the San Francisco Bay Region: Mendocino to Monterey. Berkeley, California, University of California Press. 514 p.
- Kozloff, E.N. 2005. Plants of western Oregon, Washington & British Columbia. Portland, Oregon, Timber Press. 608 p.
The following species have been named in honor of Dr. Kozloff.
- Acetabulastoma kozloffi Hart, 1971 - Ostracoda
- Collastoma kozloffi Westervelt, 1981 - Turbellaria
- Crebricoma kozloffi (Chatton & Lwoff, 1950) - Ciliophora
- Echinoderes kozloffi Higgins, 1977 - Kinorhyncha
- Genostoma kozloffi Hyra, 1993 - Turbellaria
- Gymnodinioides kozloffi Landers, 2004 - Ciliophora
- Myxobolus kozloffi Wyatt, 1979 - Cnidaria
- Tubificoides kozloffi Baker, 1983 - Oligochaeta
- Urceolaria kozloffi P.C. Bradbury, 1970 - Ciliophora
The following genera have been named in honor of Dr. Kozloff
- "EUGENE NICHOLAS KOZLOFF's Obituary on Skagit Valley Herald Publishing Company". Skagit Valley Herald Publishing Company. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "Marine Biology Program—Who We Are: Faculty, Scientists, & Staff". University of Washington. Retrieved 13 July 2012.