Eugene Schultz (1946 - 2011) was an American computer security researcher and expert on cybersecurity.
He died of a stroke on October 2, 2011.
He was the founder of U.S. Department of Energy's Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC). He managed it for several years. He was the chief technology officer at Emagined Security. He authored several books and papers on computer security. He was the Editor-in-Chief of Computers and Security which is the oldest journal in computing security. He was an adjunct professor at several universities. He was a winner of the Department of Energy's excellence award.
- "CERIAS : Gene Schultz, R. I. P". Cerias.purdue.edu. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "RIP - Cyber Security Expert Dr. Eugene Schultz". Infosecisland.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Angela Moscaritolo (2011-03-18). "Industry remembers security heavyweight Schultz". SC Magazine. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Infosecurity - Earl Eugene Schultz: 10 September 1946 – 2 October 2011". Infosecurity-magazine.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Security Industry Parts From Gene Schultz". News.softpedia.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|