17 March 1931 |
Croydon, London, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Leigh Vance 19?? - 1994) (divorced)
Brian Jackson (???? - ????) (divorced)
Eunice Gayson (born 17 March 1931) is an English actress best known for playing Sylvia Trench, James Bond's girlfriend in the first two Bond films (Dr. No and From Russia with Love). Originally, Gayson was to be cast as Miss Moneypenny, but that part went to Lois Maxwell instead. She is the first official Bond girl.
Gayson was originally to have been a regular in the Bond film series, but her character was dropped. Gayson's voice in Dr. No and From Russia with Love was overdubbed by voice actress Nikki van der Zyl, as were the voices of nearly all the actresses appearing in the first two Bond films, though Gayson's real voice can still be heard in original trailers for Dr. No.
Decades later, Gayson's daughter appeared in a casino scene in the 1995 Bond film GoldenEye.
Film and television appearances
- My Brother Jonathan (1948)
- Melody in the Dark (1948)
- Dance Hall (1950)
- To Have and to Hold (1951)
- Miss Robin Hood (1952)
- Down Among the Z Men (1952)
- Street Corner (1953)
- One Just Man (1954)
- Dance, Little Lady (1954)
- Out of the Clouds (1955)
- Count of Twelve (1955)
- Zarak (1956)
- The Last Man to Hang? (1956)
- Carry on Admiral (1957)
- Light Fingers (1958)
- The Revenge of Frankenstein (UK, 1958) as Margaret
- Hello London (UK, 1958)
- Dr. No (UK, 1962) as Sylvia Trench
- From Russia with Love (UK, 1963) as Slyvia Trench
- Danger Man - "Man To Be Trusted" (UK television episode, 1964) as Louise Bancroft
- The Saint - "The Invisible Millionaire" (UK television episode, 13 February 1964) as Nora Prescott
- The Saint - "The Saint Bids Diamonds" (UK television episode, 12 August 1965) as Christine Graner
- The Avengers - "The Quick-Quick Slow Death" (UK television episode, 5 February 1966)
- Before the Fringe (TV Series, 1967)
- The Adventurer "Thrust and Counter Thrust" (television episode, 1972) as Countess Marie
- MasterChef (UK, television episode, 2013)
- Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008. Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
- Masters, Tim. "James Bond: How Dr No's Eunice Gayson made film history". bbc.com. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Hendry, Steve. "First Bond girl Eunice Gayson reveals how she helped Sean Connery overcome nerves with stiff drink". dailyrecord.co.uk. Daily Record. Retrieved 25 July 2015.