|Traded as||Euronext: RF
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Headquarters||1 rue Georges Berger, Paris|
|Michel David-Weill (Chairman of the Supervisory Board); Patrick Sayer (CEO); Virginie Morgon (Deputy CEO); Philippe Audouin(Chief Financial Officer)|
|Products||Leveraged buyouts, Growth capital|
|Revenue||€4,334 million (2016)|
|€519.7 million (2016)|
|Total assets||more than €6 billion of which €1 billion third parties|
Number of employees
Eurazeo is a multinational, publicly-listed private equity firm based in Paris, France. The firm was founded in 2001 via the merger of two French investment companies and is currently listed on the Euronext exchange under the symbol RF. Eurazeo has in excess of €6 billion in assets under management. Notable investments include AccorHotels, Moncler, Europcar, Farfetch.com, Novacap, FinTrax, Desigual, ANF Immobilier, and many others.
Eurazeo covers multiple private equity strategies globally through five investment divisions: Eurazeo Capital (Large and Mid-Cap Corporate Private Equity), Eurazeo Patrimoine (Real Estate Private Equity), Eurazeo PME (Small and Mid-Cap Corporate Private Equity), Eurazeo Croissance (Growth Equity), and Eurazeo Brands (Branded Consumer and Retail Private Equity).
The firm makes both majority and significant minority investments, and its portfolio currently includes more than 30 companies of varying size, geography, and sector.
Eurazeo has over 100 employees, with offices in Paris, New York City, Shanghai, and São Paulo.
- 1 Notable Individuals and Shareholders
- 2 History
- 3 Investments by Division
- 4 Management
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Eurazeo's chairman is Michel David-Weill, head of the French family who owned a significant interest in the investment bank Lazard Frères & Co. Weil was previously the Chairman of Lazard, and Eurazeo previously owned a significant interest in Lazard leading up to the investment bank's IPO in 2005.
Eurazeo is one of a few publicly-listed global private equity firms including Wendel SA, The Carlyle Group, OakTree Capital, KKR, and others. As of June 2017, 64.3% of Eurazeo's capital was held by public investors.
In June 2017, a 15.4% stake in Eurazeo previously held by the French bank Crédit Agricole was acquired by JC Decaux Holding, the investment arm of the Decaux family who control a global outdoor advertising empire. The Richardson family of France also own an approximately 3% stake in the company.
Eurazeo was formed in April 2001 by the merger of two French investment companies: Eurafrance and Azeo (formerly Gaz et Eaux). Eurafrance, which absorbed its subsidiary Azeo and took the name Eurazeo, came into existence over 30 years ago. Gaz et Eaux (renamed to Azeo in 1999) was founded in the late nineteenth century as a water and gas distributor in western and northern France. Beginning in the late 1970s, Gaz et Eaux slowly transitioned into an investment company. In 1985, Eurafrance became a shareholder in Azeo and gradually increased its ownership leading up to its takeover bid at the end of 2000.
Investments by Division
Eurazeo Capital primarily invests in mid and large-sized companies valued at over €200 million, whose transformation it aims to accelerate through financial and operational support.
- AccorHotels : (3.7% investment), leading hotel operator in Europe.
- Asmodee : (59.8% investment), player in the European board games market and French leader.
- CPK : (68.3 % investment), major player in the confectionery industry through its subsidiary Carambar & co, which owns Carambar, Poulain, Krema, La Pie Qui Chante and Terry's brands, as well as licenses for Vichy pastilles, Malabar chewing gum and Suchard bought from Mondelez Group in 2016.
- Desigual : (7.4% investment), fashion brand created in 1984 in Spain.
- Elis : (14.2% investment), market leader in the rental and cleaning of professional textile and clothing in Europe.
- Europcar : (39.3% investment), European vehicle rental services.
- Fintrax : (68% investment), VAT repayments.
- Les Petits Chaperons Rouges : (30.7% investment), 2nd largest French nursery operator.
- Moncler : (7.9% investment), luxury clothing brand.
- Neovia (previously InVivo NSA) : (13% investment), Animal nutrition and health.
- Novacap : (50.1% investment), international group that produces and distributes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and essential chemicals products.
- Sommet Education : (74.9 % investment), is a network of hospitality schools in Switzerland, Spain, China, Jordan, United Kingdom and the U.S.
- Trader Interactive (former Dominion Web Solutions) : (50% investment), online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider for commercial and recreational dealers.
Eurazeo PME invests in and supports the development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
- AssurCopro : (34.8% investment), a joint ownership insurance broker based in Paris, Cannes and Nice, and a historical player and pioneer of highly specialized property ownership services.
- Dessange International : (64.7% investment), global network of nearly 1,800 hair salons.
- Flash Europe International : (30% investment), European leader in time-sensitive transportation (Premium Freight).
- In’Tech Medical : (77% investment), manufactures orthopedic surgical tools to be used in the highly demanding spinal surgery sector.
- Léon de Bruxelles : (51.2% investment), theme-based restaurant chain (mussels and chips and Belgian brasserie).
- MK Direct : (38% investment ),founded in 1923 and 1982, respectively, Linvosges and Françoise Saget are complementary brands specialized in home linen, with a strong identity that combines quality and creativity.
- Orolia : (36.3% investment), world leader in reliable GPS-type signals.
- Péters Surgical : (60.8% investment), world’s fourth largest surgical suture specialist.
- Vignal Lighting Group : (54% investment), European leader in signaling lights for industrial and commercial vehicles.
- Smile : (45.7% investment), is the leading integrator and outsourcer of open source solutions.
Specializing in real asset investment and management, particularly real estate.
- Colyzeo : European real estate funds whose day-to-day operations are managed by Colony.
- CIFA Fashion Business Center : (77.6% investment),one of the first European centers of wholesale trade for fashion and personal goods.
- Grape Hospitality : (54.6% investment) is a platform dedicated to the hotel business.
- Reden Solar (former Fonroche) : (46.8% investment), leading player in the clean energy sector, specializing in photovoltaic, biogas, geothermal and off-grid lighting systems.
Dedicated to growth equity investments, Eurazeo Croissance assists rapidly developing companies as a minority shareholder, specifically investing in sectors undergoing a transformation in terms of digitization and new lifestyle and consumption patterns.
- Doctolib: Doctolib is Europe’s leading online booking platform and web services provider for healthcare professionals.
- Farfetch.com: an on-line shopping platform connecting brands and multi-brand boutiques.
- I-Pulse : (9.6% investment), developer of innovative technologies based on high power electrical impulses.
- [IES] : (97.2% investment), develops and manufactures onboard chargers and charging infrastructures.
- PeopleDoc:HR software using an SaaS platform.
- Vestiaire Collective: leader in pre-owned luxury clothes and accessories.
- Younited Credit: leader in peer-to-peer lending in France.
Formed in May 2017 as Eurazeo’s fifth investment division, Eurazeo Brands invests in branded consumer and retail companies with global growth potential across a wide range of verticals including beauty, apparel, accessories, home, jewelry, leisure, health, fitness and food. The division has been allocated between $600m and $800m of capital and is headed by Jill Granoff, a fashion-apparel retail and beauty industry veteran CEO.
- NEST: a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of luxury fragrances for the bath, body and home.
Euraeo is also a shareholder in iM Square and Capzanine, two management technology platforms. These investments are assigned to the Eurazeo Development division, which is also responsible for business development activities and fund management for major international institutional investors.
Composition of the Executive Board
- Patrick Sayer, CEO
- Virginie Morgon, Deputy CEO
- Philippe Audouin, Chief Financial Officer
Composition of the Supervisory Board
The Eurazeo Supervisory Board has 12 members, including 7 independent members and one non-voting member. .
- Michel David-Weill, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Bruno Roger, Honorary Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Christophe Aubut, Employee representative on Supervisory Board
- Jean-Charles Decaux
- Victoire de Margerie
- Anne Dias
- Roland du Luart de Montsaulnin
- Anne Lalou
- Françoise Mercadal-Delasalles
- Olivier Merveilleux du Vignaux
- Stéphane Pallez
- Georges Pauget
- Emmanuel Russel
- Jean-Pierre Richardson, non-voting member
The head office is located in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, 1 rue Georges Berger.
- Eurazeo Company Profile on Euronext.com
- "Eurazeo -- Shareholding Information". June 6, 2017.
- "Prominent family group takes stake in European investment group". Family Capital. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Asmodee : Présentation". Eurazeo (in French and English). January 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- PeopleDoc veut être le leader mondial de la digitalisation des RH 01/10/15,LesEchos.fr
- Vestiaire Collective accroche Eurazeo à son actionnariat 02/09/15,LeFigaro.fr
- Eurazeo entre au capital de Prêt d'Union 01/07/15,LeFigaro.fr
- "Eurazeo launches new investment division" (PDF). May 31, 2017.
- Conseil de surveillance Eurazeo, Eurazeo.com
- Official website
- Eurazeo Q4 sales jump on acquisitions, strong organic growth
- Jaewon Kang "LBO Profile: Eurazeo uses consumer sector focus to expand outside of Europe",Wall Street Journal, June 28, 2017 https://www.wsj.com/articles/lboprofileeurazeousesconsumersectorfocustoexpandoutsideofeurope1498655345
- William Louch "Eurazeo and Goldman Sachs Team Up to Buy Dominion Web",Private Equity News, May 11, 2017 http://www.penews.com/today/index/content/4076668013/restricted