|This article is a translation-work in progress of the Eurazeo article from French to English.
If you are confident enough in your competence of French and English, you can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Euronext: EPA|
|Headquarters||1 rue Georges Berger, Paris|
|Michel David-Weill (Chairman of the Supervisory Board); Patrick Sayer (Chairman of the Executive Board); Virginie Morgon (Deputy CEO)|
|Products||Leveraged buyouts, Growth capital|
|Revenue||€4.183 billion (2015)|
|€1.2767 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||over €5 billion|
Number of employees
Eurazeo is a French investment company formed via by the merger absorption of Azeo by Eurafrance in April 2001. Eurazeo shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange. With a diversified portfolio of over 5 billion euros in assets, Eurazeo is one of the leading listed investment companies in Europe. Its purpose and mission is to identify, accelerate and enhance the transformation potential of the companies in which it invests. The Company covers most private equity segments through its four business divisions – Eurazeo Capital, Eurazeo Croissance, Eurazeo PME and Eurazeo Patrimoine. Eurazeo is notably either a majority or key shareholder in AccorHotels, ANF Immobilier, Asmodee, Desigual, Elis, Europcar, Foncia, Fintrax, Les Petits Chaperons Rouges, Neovia (previously InVivo NSA), Moncler, Novacap and companies of more modest size such as IES Synergy, Younited (previously Prêt d’Union), Vestiaire Collective and PeopleDoc through Eurazeo Croissance and Dessange International, Léon de Bruxelles and Colisée through Eurazeo PME.
Eurazeo was formed in April 2001 by the merger of two investment companies: Eurafrance and Azeo (formerly Gaz et Eaux). Eurafrance, which absorbed its subsidiary Azeo and took the name Eurazeo, came into existence over 30 years ago. Gaz et Eaux (renamed to Azeo in 1999) was founded in the late nineteenth century as a water and gas distributor in western and northern France. The gas assets were nationalized in 1945, with the company retaining the water activity until 1976. Starting in the late 1970s, the company went through a gradual transition from a portfolio company to a pure investment company by the 1990s. In 1985, Eurafrance became a shareholder in Azeo and regularly boosted its ownership until the takeover bid at the end of 2000.
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Eurazeo is one of the leading listed investment companies in Europe, with a diversified portfolio of over 5 billion euros in assets. Its purpose is :
to identify, accelerate and enhance the transformation potential of the companies in which it invests
Eurazeo covers most private equity segments through its four business divisions – Eurazeo Capital, Eurazeo Croissance, Eurazeo PME and Eurazeo Patrimoine. Its solid institutional and family shareholder base, robust financial structure free of structural debt, and flexible investment horizon enable it to support its companies over the long term. Eurazeo is notably either a majority or key shareholder in AccorHotels, ANF Immobilier, Asmodee, Desigual, Elis, Europcar, Fintrax, Foncia, Moncler, as well as Fonroche Energie and IES Synergy through Eurazeo Croissance, and Dessange International, Léon de Bruxelles and Colisée Patrimoine through Eurazeo PME. Eurazeo offers several advantages for its investments and shareholders: robust resources, an institutional and family shareholding structure, an absence of structural debt and a long flexible investment horizon that allows it to actively and responsibly support companies.
Eurazeo Capital invests in companies with an enterprise value of more than €150/200 million. It assists them with financial contribution and human resources. Its aim is to accelerate the growth and transformation of its investments.
- AccorHotels : (4,5 % investment) leader hotel operator in Europe
- Desigual : (9.8% investmet), fashion brand created in 1984 in Spain
- Elis : (17,2 % investment), market leader in the rental and cleaning of professional textile and clothing in Europe
- Europcar :(42,3% investment), European vehicle rental services
- Fintrax : 90,2% investment, VAT repayments
- Foncia : (41,5 %investment), European leader in residential real estate services
- Les Petits Chaperons Rouges : (41,0% investment), 2nd operator of French nursery
- Moncler : (13,0 % investment), luxury clothing
- Banca Leonardo : (19,3 % investment), investment bank
- Asmodee : (79,4 %investment), player in the European board games market and French leader
- Les Petits Chaperons Rouges : (41% investment), the number 2 private player in the French nursery market
- Neovia previously InVivo NSA : (17,2% investment), animal nutrition and health
- Novacap: (67,0% investment), international group that produces and distributes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and essential chemicals products
Eurazeo PME is an investment company and subsidiary of Eurazeo, specializing in majority investments in French SMEs with an enterprise value of less than €200 million.
- Colisée (64.1% investment): fourth largest player in France in the retirement homes sector
- Dessange International (76% investment): global network of nearly 1,800 hair salons
- Léon de Bruxelles (59% investment): theme-based restaurant chain (mussels and chips and Belgian brasserie)
- Flash Europe International (43% investment): European leader in time-sensitive transportation (Premium Freight)
- Péters Surgical (87% investment): world’s fourth largest surgical suture specialist
- Fondis Bioritech (45% investment): portable analysis equipment distribution and solutions
- Vignal Lighting Group (77% investment): European leader in signaling lights for industrial and commercial vehicles
This division groups together Eurazeo’s real estat asset management and investment activities. It encompasses ANF Immobilier, a high-growth real estate company operating in Lyons, Marseilles and Bordeaux, as well as Colyzeo, a European fund managed by Colony focusing on investments with a high real estate component in Western Europe.
- ANF Immobilier : (53,0 % investment), real estate company investing in downtown properties in Lyon, Marseille and Bordeaux.
- ANF Immobilier Hôtels
- Colyzeo : (18,6 % investment), European real estate funds whose day-to-day operations are managed by Colony
- CIFA Fashion Business Center : (77,6 % investment),one of the first European centers of wholesale trade for fashion and personal goods
- Grape Hospitality : a platform dedicated to the hotel business that is 70% owned by Eurazeo and 30% owned by AccorHotels
Eurazeo Croissance identifies and helps companies with high growth potential, particularly in sectors driven by digital transformation and focusing on changes in lifestyle and consumption. Eurazeo Croissance invests as a minority shareholder, with an initial investment ticket of around €15 million to €20 million, through capital increases providing companies with the resources needed to fulfil their development ambitions.
- Farfetch : an on-line shopping platform connecting brands and multi-brand boutiques
- Fonroche : (owned 39,3 %), from photovoltaic to new renewable energies
- I-Pulse : owned 9,6 %, developer of innovative technologies based on high power electrical impulses
- IES : owned 97,2 %, develops and manufactures onboard chargers and charging infrastructures
- Prêt d'Union : leader in peer-to-peer lending in France
- Vestiaire Collective : leader in pre-owned luxury clothes and accessories
- PeopleDoc : HR software using an SaaS platform
Composition of the Executive Board
- Patrick Sayer, CEO
- Virginie Morgon, Deputy CEO
- Philippe Audouin, Chief Financial Officer
Composition of the Supervisory Board
The Eurazeo Supervisory Board has 12 members, including 8 independent members and one non-voting member. .
- Michel David-Weill, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Jean Laurent, Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Bruno Roger, Honorary Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Christophe Aubut, Employee representative on Supervisory Board
- Harold Boël
- Anne Lalou
- Roland du Luart de Montsaulnin, Chairman of the Compensation and Appointment Committee
- Victoire de Margerie
- Michel Mathieu
- Françoise Mercadal-Delasalles
- Olivier Merveilleux du Vignaux
- Stéphane Pallez
- Georges Pauget
- Jacques Veyrat
- Jean-Pierre Richardson, non-voting member
The head office is located in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, 1 rue Georges Berger.
- Eurazeo Company Profile on Euronext.com
- "Asmodee : Présentation". Eurazeo (in French and English). January 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Eurazeo entre au capital de Prêt d'Union 01/07/15,LeFigaro.fr
- Vestiaire Collective accroche Eurazeo à son actionnariat 02/09/15,LeFigaro.fr
- PeopleDoc veut être le leader mondial de la digitalisation des RH 01/10/15,LesEchos.fr
- Conseil de surveillance Eurazeo, Eurazeo.com