This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Written by||Bob Stine (head writer)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||147 (total amount of episodes)
87 (hour-long episodes)
52 (half-hour episodes)
3 (half-hour specials)
|Executive producer(s)||Kit Laybourne|
Michael Holman (1989–1991)
|Original network||Nick Jr.|
|Original release||September 4, 1989– June 30, 1995|
Bob Stine, better known for his children's horror novels written under the pen name R.L. Stine, co-created the show with Judy Katschke and was the head writer.
The puppet design and construction for the characters were done at 3/Design Studio where the puppets were built by James Kroupa, John Orberg, Kip Rathke and Matt Stoddart
The show follows various puppet characters (in the style of Sesame Street), including Eureeka, a sorceress-in-training. She and her friends live in a wind-up castle music box owned by a friendly Giant. Other characters include Magellan the Dragon, Bogge and Quagmire, Batly the Bat and Mr. Knack. There are also various appearing creatures such as mice, singing fish statues called the Fishtones, Magellan's pets Cooey and the Slurms and Batly's pet spider, Webster.
- Eureeka (performed by Cheryl Blaylock) - The title character. Eureeka is a friendly sorceress-in-training. Her spells are not successful most of the time, but she keeps trying until she gets it right.
- Magellan (performed by Noel MacNeal) - A large green dragon with a tail that has a mind of its own. He doesn't always understand new concepts. Magellan tends to make great big sneezes that can shake the whole castle whenever he gets upset.
- Cooey (performed by Lynn Hippen) - Magellan's pet of indeterminate species.
- Slurms - Magellan's pet worm hybrids. They were animated with clay animation.
- Blanketeers- Magellan's dots on a patch on his blanket that come to life.
- Batly (performed by James Kroupa in a New York accent) - An egotistical clumsy blue bat who wears glasses due to being near-sighted. Despite being different in every way, he and Magellan are good friends. His flying usually ends with a crash landing prompting him to say "I meant to do that". Batly spends most of his time in the belfry and has a large bug collection. Bugs are his favorite food, and he has attempted to eat slurms on a few occasions.
- Bogge and Quagmire (performed by Brian Muehl and Pam Arciero) - The Moat Twins are siblings who spend most of their time swimming in the castle moat, eating peanut butter sandwiches, and playing in the basement. Bogge is orange and Quagmire is pink. They tend to argue with each other, but work together when it comes to causing trouble. Bogge and Quagmire constantly try to steal Magellan's peanut butter sandwiches, but never usually succeed.
- Mr. Nick Knack (performed by Brian Muehl in an Italian accent) - The castle's handyman and tinkerer. He uses many unconventional methods for fixing things around the castle. He also loves to barter when he sells some of his inventions that he has made from his pushcart. Mr. Knack always gets some postcards from his granny Toosnelda which he reads to the viewers. His motto is "I'll trade anything, for anything." Anytime anyone says his full name of Nick Knack, it's always accompanied by someone singing, "paddy wack and give the dog a bone."
- Sir Clank (performed by James Kroupa) - An old blue mouse with a long gray beard who resides in a suit of armor. The helmet visor frequently closes on him causing him to say ouch.
- Kate (performed by Lynn Hippen) - A pink microphone wielding mouse who frequently reports on what happens in the castle.
- Emma (performed by Pam Arciero) - A fat orange mouse who loves to eat, and is frequently prone to loud burping.
- Fishtones - A trio of singing fish in the form of a stone fountain who spray water occasionally, and are stationary when they're not singing.
- The Giant (performed by James Kroupa) - A friendly, full-bodied giant with a long nose who owns the wind-up castle music box where the show takes place.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)|
- Pam Arciero – Quagmire, Emma
- Cheryl Blaylock – Eureeka
- Lynn Hippen – Cooey, Kate
- James Kroupa – Batly, Sir Klank, Giant
- Noel MacNeal – Magellan, Webster
- Brian Muehl – Bogge, Mr. Knack
Several episodes of Eureeka's Castle were released on VHS first by Sony Wonder from 1995 to 1996 and redistributed by Paramount Home Video in 1997.
- Sing Along With Eureeka (1995)
- Christmas at Eureeka's Castle (1995)
- Wide Awake at Eureeka's Castle (1996)