GEIE EuroTorp is a consortium formed in July 1993 by French and Italian defense companies. Concerned governments signed a memorandum of understanding on industrial co-operation on their new generation lightweight torpedo programs.
Member companies of GEIE EuroTorp are
- Whitehead Alenia Sistemi Subacquei S.p.A (WASS) (50%)
- DCNS Group, for and on behalf of DCNS (26%) through DCN/SC/Stz
- Thales (24%) through Thales Underwater Systems
Tasks of EuroTorp are to develop, manufacture and market:
- the French-Italian new generation MU90/IMPACT lightweight torpedo
- the lightweight A244/S torpedo
- associated torpedo launching systems and logistic support
In addition to its programme management and commercial role, EuroTorp is also responsible for achieving compliance with operational specifications, integration on launching platforms and new systems development such as Hard Kill and submarine-launched versions.
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|