Euroclassic Notturno is a six-hour sequence of classical music recordings assembled by BBC Radio from material supplied by members of the European Broadcasting Union and streamed back to those broadcasters by satellite for use in their overnight classical-music schedules. The recordings used are taken not from commercial CDs but from earlier (usually live) radio broadcasts.
The sequence is put together by a small BBC team in London, and gaps are provided in the schedule to allow for local origination of explanatory material in each broadcaster's national language (written programme notes in English are supplied by the BBC some weeks in advance), top-of-the-hour news summaries, etc. In the United Kingdom, however, the sequence is broadcast on BBC Radio 3 without news.
The service is streamed from London between 0.00 and 6.00 Central European Time seven days a week, though actual transmission times may be shifted locally – the BBC itself, for instance, broadcasts its own version (which goes out under the title Through the Night) between 0.30 and 6.30 on Mondays to Fridays, and from 1.00 till 7.00 on Saturdays and Sundays. As transmission is unattended the playout decks used are double-banked to allow for equipment failure, although the service has, in fact, run reliably since 1998.
Though supplied by the BBC on a commercial basis, the Euroclassic Notturno service nevertheless claims to provides broadcasters with a less expensive alternative to local origination of overnight classical-music programming.
EBU member broadcasting organizations currently taking the Euroclassic Notturno service include (all indicated times are local):
- BBC United Kingdom (originator) : Through the Night (0.30-6.30 Mo-Fr, 1.00–7.00 Sa, Su)
- BNR Bulgaria : Еврокласик ноктюрно (Evroklasik noktyurno) (3.00–5.00)
- HRT Croatia : Euroclassic notturno (0.00–6.00)
- MR Hungary : Notturno (0.00–6.00)
- ERT Greece : Notturno (1.00–7.00)
- NRK Norway : Notturno (0.00–6.00)
- PR Poland : Muzyczna Noc Euroradia (2.00–6.00 Mo-Fr)
- RAI Italy : Euroclassic Notturno (0.00–2.00) 
- RTV Slovenia : Evropski klasični nokturno (0.00–4.00)
- RTVS Slovakia : Euroclassic nocturno (2.00–6.00)
- SR Sweden : Notturno (0.00–6.00)
- SRR Romania : Euroclassic notturno (1.00–7.00)
- TRT Turkey : Euroclassic notturno (1.00–7.00)
- "Euroradio Notturno". EBU. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Through the Night". BBC. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Euroclassic Notturno". RAI radiofd5. RAI. Retrieved 18 January 2014.