Euroconsumers: Consumer Organization in Europe, previously known as Conseur - European Consumers, is a private independent multinational corporation, based in Luxembourg, that works in Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Luxembourg and Brazil, representing 1.5 million households.
The main objectives of Euroconsumers are to promote and defend consumer interests, such as freedom of choice, access to information, education and justice, and right to health, safety and a healthy environment.
Euroconsumers is an umbrella for a number of national consumer organizations, co-ordinating their actions at a European level with regard to customers of airlines, nutritional information on food packaging, technology, and social media. Their class action lawsuit against Facebook led to a groundbreaking decision in an Italian regional court on the value of private data.
Member organizations include:
- Test Achats (Belgium), called "Test Aankoop" or "Test Achats"
- OCU (Spain), called "Organizacion de Consumidores y Usuarios"
- Deco Proteste (Portugal)
- Altroconsumo (Italy)
- Proteste (Brazil)
- "Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés - Luxembourg".
- "Euroconsumers to Enhance Customer Experience With Vonage". www.businesswire.com. 2020-01-09. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- "Euroconsumers et Test Achats demandent des mesures européennes pour le secteur des voyages". Le Soir (in French). Belga. 27 April 2020.
- Bernard Padoan (28 April 2020). "Appel pour rendre le Nutri-Score obligatoire à l'échelle européenne". Le Soir (in French).
- "Des organisations de consommateurs européennes s'unissent contre Apple". RTBF (in French). 3 July 2020.
- "Apple doit rembourser 60 € à chaque possesseur d'un iPhone ralenti". La Libre Belgique (in French). Belga. 3 July 2020.
- "Euroconsumers launch a collective action against Facebook". The European Consumer Organisation. 5 June 2018.
- "Not your Puppets: An update on the Euroconsumers class action against Facebook". Consumers International.
- Andrea Tuninetti Ferrari; Iolanda D'Anselmo (28 January 2020). "Italian court confirms that personal data has economic value in Facebook case". Lexology. Law Business Research.