|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2016)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Belintoustri Bova Futura
|Slogan||Your connection across Europe|
|Service type||Transcontinental coach services|
|Stops||48 European cities|
|Annual ridership||4 million|
|Operator||29 coach companies|
Eurolines is a long distance coach organisation. It operates a transnational network, connecting 600 destinations, covering the whole of Europe, plus Morocco. It was founded in 1985.
Eurolines is a network of 29 co-operating coach companies from all over Europe offering partially integrated ticketing and extensive connections, rather than a single company. For example, in Great Britain Eurolines services are operated by National Express, in Northern Ireland by Ulsterbus, and in the Republic of Ireland by Bus Éireann. Eurolines headquarters are based in Brussels. Some Eurolines operators choose to compete on certain routes rather than complement each other.
Due to its decentralised approach, standards of service vary between countries. In some parts of Europe, notably the Baltic states (operated by Lux Express) and former Yugoslavia (operated by Lasta Beograd, Centrotrans, and others), Eurolines is a major method of travel between neighbouring countries. In other parts of Europe, international rail and air travel are more common and Eurolines coaches service a niche market of mainly overnight links.
Eurolines sell passes for unlimited travel between 48 European cities for either 15 or 30 days under the name Eurolines Pass. These passes do not provide access to all services, and may make booking tickets at regional offices impossible. The decentralized approach also makes administrative support difficult.
In the Czech Republic, there exist several companies which use this mark:
- Eurolines Česká republika spol. s r.o. (Eurolines ČR) is a small company owned by Naděžda Hofmannová, wife of entrepreneur Jan Hofmann, and established in 1996. Originally it really was a part of the Eurolines network. Nowadays, it operates one international line 000395 Praha (CZ) – Banská Bystrica (SK) in cooperation with a Slovakian company SAD BBDS. This company is considered to misuse the trademark and is not mentioned among companies which represents Eurolines network. However, none member company of the real Eurolines network took any legal action against this company.
- Touring Bohemia, s. r. o. (BOHEMIA EUROEXPRESS INTERNATIONAL, s.r.o. before 2007). The company was established in 1992, it became part of the Eurolines network in 1999. However, later it claimed that it represents Eurolines just since 1992.
- Transdev Eurolines CZ, a. s. (Veolia Eurolines CZ, a.s before 2013, SODELI CZ, a.s. before 2007, SODELI CZ, s.r.o. before 2004). The company was established in 1999.
- About Us Eurolines
- Eurolines Pass Eurolines
- Firma EUROLINES Česká republika spol. s r.o. - Diskuze, názory, doporučení a hodnocení, kurzy.cz
- eurolines.cz - Touring Bohemia: 20 let na cestách Evropou a budování značky, BusPortál.cz, 22. 9. 2012, dabra
- EUROLINES přepravily za prvních dnů stovky cestujících na lince Praha-Brno, BusPortál.cz, 7. 4. 2006, dabra