|Traded as||NASDAQ: EEFT|
|Industry||Financial Services, Electronic funds transfer, Retail|
|Michael J. Brown (CEO), Kevin J. Caponecchi, Rick L. Weller, Jeffrey B. Newman, Juan C. Bianchi, Nikos Fountas, Martin L. Brückner, Cindy Ashcraft|
|Revenue||$1,958.6 million (2016)|
|$249.8 million (2016)|
|$174.4 million (2016)|
|Total assets||2.706 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||$900.5 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Euronet Worldwide is a US provider of electronic payment services with headquartered in Leawood, Kansas. It offers automated teller machines (ATM), point of sale (POS) services, credit/debit card services, and other electronic financial services.
The company was founded in 1994 and with headquartered in Leawood, Kansas by brothers-in-law Dan Henry and Mike Brown.
In 1998, Euronet purchased ARKSYS, a computer software company that specialized in electronic payment and transaction delivery systems.
On January 23, 2002, Euronet Worldwide announced the formation of a joint venture with Hong Kong-based First Mobile Group Holdings Limited.
In 2013, Euronet purchased Pure Commerce, giving it access to a suite of SaaS based applications. The following year, it acquired UK-based foreign exchange broker HiFX giving it access to cross border payment business in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- The EFT processing segment provides outsourcing and network services to financial institutions and mobile phone companies. This segment provided these services using a network of ATMs and POS terminals in Europe, Asia, and the Middle-East.
- The prepaid processing segment distributes prepaid mobile airtime, and other prepaid products and collections services for various prepaid products, cards, and services. This segment operates in a network of locations in the United States, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, and the Middle-East. It also provides prepaid long distance calling card plans, prepaid internet plans, prepaid debit cards, and prepaid gift cards, as well as prepaid mobile content, such as ring tones and games.
- The money transfer segment provides global money transfer and bill payment services primarily in North America, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Euronet Worldwide Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results, Retrieved on February 26, 2017
- EEFT - Profile, Yahoo! Finance, Retrieved on May 14, 2008
- Euronet to Expand Business and Product Line by Acquiring ARKSYS, Euronet - Press Release, Retrieved on May 14, 2008
- "Euronet Forms Asian Joint Venture with First Mobile Group".
- Ashley Armstrong (March 11, 2014). "Money transfer company HiFX sold for £145m". The Telegraph.
2015 Annual Report, includes financial statements audited by KPMG