Europa Universalis: Rome
|Europa Universalis: Rome|
|Developer(s)||Paradox Development Studio|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
Europa Universalis: Rome is a grand strategy game developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive. The game is set during the time of the Roman Republic, beginning in 280 BC with the start of the Pyrrhic war, and ending with the rise of the Roman Empire in 27 BC. Players have a choice of leading any of over 53 factions, which represent 10 prominent cultures including Carthaginian, Celtic, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman. The game was released for Microsoft Windows in April 2008, followed by an OS X version ported by Virtual Programming in July 2008.
On November 19, 2008, the game's only expansion, Vae Victis, was released. Paradox had ideas for a second expansion based around the timeline of Alexander the Great, but this was never developed.
On 23 July 2010, Virtual Programming published the Mac OS X version of the Europa Universalis: Rome Gold Edition, which includes the Vae Victis expansion pack.
- 2008 in video gaming
- Imperator: Rome, a sequel to the Europa Universalis: Rome
- List of grand strategy video games
- List of Paradox Interactive games
- Wargame (video games)
- "Europa Universalis: Rome". Archived from the original on 2008-12-17. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "Europa Universalis Rome Released as a box product". Virtual Programming. July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- Thang, Jimmy (August 27, 2008). "EU: Rome Expansion Vae Victis Announced". IGN. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Andersson, Johan (May 27, 2010). "What do you want our download team to do?". Paradox Interactive Forums. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- "Virtual Programming Releases Europa Universalis Rome Gold Edition". MacGamer. July 23, 2010. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Europa Universalis: Rome Review - MetaCritic". MetaCritic. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- Chick, Tom (April 18, 2008). "Europa Universalis: Rome Review - 1UP". 1UP. Retrieved 2008-08-31.[permanent dead link]
- Allen, Darren (June 19, 2008). "Europa Universalis: Rome Review - EuroGamer". EuroGamer. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Rausch, Allen (April 15, 2008). "Europa Universalis: Rome Review - GameSpy". GameSpy. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Butts, Steve (April 14, 2008). "Europa Universalis: Rome Review - IGN". IGN. p. 2. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|