Europe, the Middle East and Africa
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
EMEA is a shorthand designation meaning Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The acronym is used by institutions and governments, as well as in marketing and business when referring to this region: it is a shorthand way of referencing the three continents all at once. It is particularly common among North American companies, and it is mostly used when dividing a company's operations by geography.
As the name suggests, the region includes all of the countries found on the continents of Africa and Europe, as well as the countries that make up the Middle East. The region is generally accepted to include all European nations and all African nations, and extends east to Iran, including Russia. It may also include Kazakhstan, but typically the acronym does not include independent overseas territories of mainland countries in the region, such as French Guiana. However, the term is not completely clear, and while it usually refers to Europe, the Middle East and Africa, it is not uncommon for business and other institutions to slightly tweak the countries they include under this umbrella term.
The related term "EMEAA" refers to "Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia".
- Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA). Some companies separate their Eastern European business from the rest of Europe, and refer to the EEMEA region separately from the Western/Central European (EU/EFTA) region.
- Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa (SEMEA).
- Southeastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (SEEMEA)
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
- Central Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA).
- The Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
- Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (EUMENA or EMENA).
- Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA or EMIA).
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Commonwealth of Independent States (EMEACIS).
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Caribbean (EMEAC).
- The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), around the Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
- North Atlantic and Central Europe (NACE)
- Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (CEMA)
- Europe, Arab World, Africa and Latin America
- Kenton, Will. "Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)". Investopedia. Retrieved 2019-09-26.
- "Sekiro Sales Dethrone The Division 2 in Global Charts". PlayStation LifeStyle. 30 March 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- "CEMEA - Definition by AcronymFinder". www.acronymfinder.com.
- "Company Overview - About IDC - IDC CEMA". idc-cema.com.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about geography terminology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|