European Consortium for Political Research
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2010)|
The European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) is an independent scholarly association that supports and encourages the training, research and cross-national cooperation of many thousands of academics and graduate students specialising in political science and all its sub-disciplines. ECPR membership is institutional rather than individual and, at its inception in 1970, comprised eight members (Bergen, Gothenburg, Essex, Leiden, Mannheim, Nuffield College (Oxford), Strathclyde and Paris (FNSP)). Membership has now grown to encompass more than 350 institutions throughout Europe, with associate members spread across the world.
- ECPR activities include
- Organising workshops, roundtables, conferences and summer schools
- Publishing journals, books, articles and newsletters
- Providing a comprehensive European information source for political scientists through its website, electronic bulletin and online searchable databases
- Promoting teaching and training and the discipline in general through the professional journal European Political Science (EPS) and summer schools.
The ECPR has close links with similar organisations, such as the American Political Science Association (APSA), European national associations and the International Political Science Association (IPSA).
- General conference
- Joint Sessions
- Methods Schools
- Graduate Conferences
- Research Sessions
Funding, Prizes and awards
The following academic journals are published by ECPR:
- European Journal of Political Research (EJPR)
- European Political Science Review (EPSR)
- European Political Science (EPS)
The ECPR Press publishes original research from leading political scientists and the best young scholars in the discipline.
ECPR Standing Groups increase collaboration between scholars specialising in the same area of research. Their informal structure allows closer exchange of ideas.
Standing groups are open to individuals in ECPR member institutions as well as those from non-ECPR institutions.
- "About Us - ECPR". ecpr.eu.
- "About the ECPR General Conference". ecpr.eu.
- "About the ECPR Joint Sessions". ecpr.eu.
- "About the ECPR Methods School". ecpr.eu.
- "About the ECPR Graduate Conference". ecpr.eu.
- "About the ECPR Research Sessions". ecpr.eu.
- "European Political Science Review (EPSR) - ECPR". ecpr.eu.
- "ECPR Press: Home". ecpr.eu.
- "Current ECPR Standing Groups". ecpr.eu.
|This article about an organisation in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|