European Forum for GeoStatistics
The European Forum for Geography and Statistics (EFGS) consists of a steering committee of national contact points, mainly persons with engagement in national statistical institutes. EFGS organises annual meetings that are open to all members and others by invitation or on request. EFGS attend the annual meetings of GISCO WP in Eurostat.
The general objective for EFGS is to harmonise data, methods and results related to national geostatistics, and to support user communities with relevant and reliable georeferenced information, with emphasis on socio-economic statistics.
The origin of EFGS is the Nordic Forum for GeoStatistics, having its first meeting in Voss, Norway in 1998. In addition to the Nordic countries, Baltic countries were also invited to the annual meetings. It soon became clear that several other national statistical institutes had interests in geostatistical work, and that there was a need for harmonising statistical products with a geographical reference. The first meeting of EFGS took place in Kongsvinger, Norway, in 2006. The number of national contact persons have after that grown to include more and more countries. The Steering Committee consists of the national contact persons from the national statistical organisations that participate in the ESSnet project GEOSTAT 1A - Representing Census data in a European population grid, mainly funded by Eurostat. Today EFGS has national contact persons from 32 European states and territories, having annual conferences and meetings. European Forum for GeoStatistics activities are mainly concentrated on the development of the best practices in the production of geostatistics in Europe. EFGS aims at being a global forum and umbrella organisation from conference in Brazil in 2015.
- Webpage for European Forum for Geography and Statistics
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2014 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2013 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2012 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2011 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2010 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2009 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2008 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2007 conference
- European Forum for GeoStatistics 2006 conference