European Foundation for Democracy
Founder and Executive Director
The European Foundation for Democracy (EFD) is a policy centre based in Brussels, Belgium. Its activities focus on counter-radicalisation, security and the promotion of the European values of democracy and individual freedoms. Its experts produce analyses and publications concerning the various threats coming from extremist ideologies, recommending measures and policies to counter these phenomena.
EFD also organises public events, policy briefings and roundtable discussions where relevant experts debate specific challenges posed by extremist forces, in order to stimulate the debate and provide the policy community with recommendations on how to tackle such threats.
- Generation Allah: why we need to rethink our approach to fighting religious extremism. Ahmad Mansour. October 2015.
- Tunisia, a nascent democracy under siege. Valentina Colombo. September 2015.
- Libya’s fight for survival – Defeating Jihadist networks. Arturo Varvelli, Stefano Maria Torelli, Valentina Colombo, Giuseppe Dentice, Wolfgang Pusztai, Nancy Porsia. September 2015.
- Secularism in Azerbaijan and the threat of radicalisation in the region. June 2015.
- A Nuclear Deal with Iran Prospects and Challenges. Bruno Tertrais. March 2015
- Home-Grown Jihadism in Italy (also available in Italian: Il Jihadismo Autoctono in Italia). Lorenzo Vidino. April 2014.
- Radicalisation islamique et enjeux sécuritaires au Sahel. De l'influence wahhabite au terrorisme. Bakary Sambe. October 2013.
- Hisba in Europe? Assessing a murky phenomenon. Lorenzo Vidino. June 2013.
- Der islamistische Totalitarismus. Wahied Wahdat-Hagh. May 2012.
- European Foundation for Democracy official homepage
- "Sharing best practices in countering violent extremism: can EU and U.S. prevention experts learn from one another? | European Foundation for Democracy". europeandemocracy.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Syria between the West and other worlds | European Foundation for Democracy". europeandemocracy.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "EU Neighbourhood: secularism for promoting peace, dialogue and reconciliation | European Foundation for Democracy". europeandemocracy.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Social media platforms have 'crucial role to play in combating extremist rhetoric'". EU Reporter. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Leading author calls for 'attack on all fronts' against Islamic fundamentalism". EU Reporter. Retrieved 2016-01-19.