European Industrial Hemp Association
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) is a consortium of the hemp-processing industry. It represents the common interest of industrial hemp farmers and producers, both nationally and on a European level. EIHA is the only consortium in the industrial hemp sector. This sector includes, inter alia, the use of hemp fibers, shavings, seeds and cannabinoids. Founded as an association for the European hemp industry, a quarter of the EIHA’s members are based in countries outside of the EU.
Its members come from 31 different countries and comprise players in industrial hemp processing and distribution, the car manufacturing, construction, food and feedstock industries, as well as the pharmaceutical sector. Research institutes and financial investors are also amongst those represented. Organisations, research institutions, companies and individuals in the industrial hemp sector and the other natural fiber sectors are associate members; hemp producers are full members. The EIHA often publishes information about the European natural fiber industry. Since 2011 EIHA has been a member of the technical committee "bio-based products" CEN/TC411 of the European Committee for Standardization (CEN). Since 2013 EIHA has been a member of the "Expert Group on Bio-based Products". Since 2013 EIHA has also been a member of the expert committee of the "Bioeconomy Panel" of the European Commission.
In 2014 the International Conference of the European Industrial Hemp Association, which has been organised annually since 2003, was one of the largest conferences on industrial hemp worldwide, with over 200 attendees from 39 countries. The number of attendees in the past years has increased consistently with the growth of the sector.
- "EIHA members". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "EIHA documents". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "hemp fibre LCA". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "CEN/TC 411". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Expert group on Bio-based Products". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "EIHA Conference participants". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "EIHA Conference background information". Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Haufe, J. und Carus, M. 2001: Hemp Fibres for Green Products – An assessment of life cycle studies on hemp fibre applications.
- Haufe, J., & Carus, M.: Assessment of Life Cycle Studies on Hemp Fibre Applications. Bioplastics MAGAZINE 1, 2011.
- Karus, M., & Desanlis, F.: The Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA). Journal of Industrial Hemp 7 (1), 2002.
- nova-Institut (Ed.): Das kleine Hanf-Lexikon. [The Small Hemp Lexicon], 2nd Edition. Göttingen: Die Werkstatt. 2003, 63–64. ISBN 3-89533-271-2