European Innovation Scoreboard
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The European Innovation Scoreboard (EIS), previously the Innovation Union Scoreboard, is an annual publication of the European Commission that provides a comparative analysis of innovation performance in European countries and regions. The report is prepared by Maastricht University (Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology – MERIT) under the guidance of the European Commission's Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs. The most recent edition of the European Innovation Scoreboard was published on 14 July 2016.
The full report (in English only), executive summaries in 23 EU languages, and country profiles reporting performance levels and trends relative to the EU average for all European Union member states are available on the European Commission's dedicated web page. This page also contains an interactive tool for further comparative analyses.
Regional Innovation Scoreboard
Every two years, the European Innovation Scoreboard is accompanied by a Regional Innovation Scoreboard (RIS).
- European Commission website, https://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/innovation/facts-figures/scoreboards_en
- European Commission, 2016: European Innovation Scoreboard 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-57974-5. doi: 10.2873/48082.
- European Commission, 2016: European Innovation Scoreboard 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-57974-5. doi:10.2873/48082. Available for download at http://ec.europa.eu/DocsRoom/documents/17822
- European Commission press release, http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-2486_en.htm
- European Commission's dedicated web page
- European Commission website, https://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/innovation/facts-figures/regional_en